Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as dumb reasons for not having to wait go, the one we have most often is "But I've been a customer of yours for years and know Keith, the owner."

When it turns out they have to wait their turn they demand I put them through to Keith, so they don't have to wait, being "old customers" and all.

There are just so many things wrong with their logic. First, Keith is extremely busy running the company and coding the software. He hired people to do tech support because the work he does (which benefits ALL of our customers) suffers from constant interruptions.

Second of all, Keith doesn't have all the answers anymore. Again, he hired people to provide support and he's a bit rusty on the details. You know him and just want to say "hi?" I'm his secretary (one of my jobs here). Give me your name and I'll pass along your regards. It's not that he WON'T take your call. I know he would. He's a very nice man and generous to a fault; it's my job to shield him so he's not taken advantage of and the company doesn't suffer when his projects don't get done.

Thirdly, why should being a "very old customer" get you faster service? All that means is that you spent money with us ages ago. How does that make you more important than people who spent money recently or often? Yes, we value you as we value ALL of our customers. That is why we don't put people spending money right now ahead of you, even though we haven't seen a dime from you in ten years. You get your turn just like everyone else. Sounds pretty darn fair to me.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      In the end they usually walk out, threaten that they will get people fired
      If I had a nickle for every customer who said they were going to get me fired...
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        If I had a nickle for every customer who said they were going to get me fired...
        I'd have $.15 already this week, no joke.
        Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Comment

Working...
        X