Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I like it when customers tell me how much they are handing me. For instance, two beers cost $12 and often they will hand me a twenty and two ones, in order to get a ten back. If it is busy I might not notice and just take it for granted that it is a ten and two ones and give them no change; then they assume I am trying to rip them off.
    However, if they said the amount in a condescending manner, then it would be a different story.

Comment

No, it doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

Nah, doesn't really bother me. I usually appreciate it, as it means I can be lazy and do less counting. Though I usually count in my head with them when they're counting, so I don't have to go over it a second time.

I don't think anyone means it personally when they're counting their money for you. I think some of them are just trying to make it easier for both parties. I appreciate attempts at being nice from customers.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
          I do it too. For me its not the fact that the cashier can't count, in fact I'm a cashier myself. Its the way I am trained at work. I have to count everything out and just saying what I am giving is sort of a force of habit.
          Same here, actually. I'm so used to telling people "And $X.XX is your change", etc, that I always announce how much I'm giving people if the money is changing hands directly.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
          X