This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pet peeve

When I answer the phone and do my greeting, and you respond by saying something ending with "how are you?" or the like, please actually want to hear my response.

I HATE when people ask me how I am, and then talk over my response. I'd rather you not ask at all, then ignore me when I try to (politely) respond to your question.

Argh. /RANT.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

I always think that's so weird. What's the point of asking me then?

Comment

They ask to fake any type of respect. Like because you ask, the person is gonna care more than usual, even though you become rude.
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

When people ask me that question and OBVIOUSLY don't give a rat's ass about the answer, I say stuff like--

--You don't want to know
        --Like they need to up my dosages
        --In a rage
        --PMSing
        --Antisocial

Other such.

If people actually care about my answer, I'll be nice.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

People would ask me that when I worked for the Golden Arches, and I'd respond truthfully, as I always do. Usually some variant of 'tired'. A manager heard me say that and after the customer was done, she pulled me aside and said, "You can't say that." And I posted that story in Morons in Management, I believe, with the title, "Okay, so I have to lie to customers?"
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

BeckySunshine - can I please borrow up - they need to up my dosage line-?

I have some people I deal with on a regular basis and they will say things like - How May I help you today - my response in the past has been . . ."How many times do I have to tell you there is just no help for me" This usually makes them laugh.
            You line would be an assesst I could work.

Comment

Feel free.

I like when people use my sayings.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X