This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Course I Should Have Known And Other Oddities

I work at a call center that takes overflow and weekend calls for about 80 different companies. We take orders and messages and in some cases handle customer service issues. It was an oooold man. Ordering a hand held shower. Everything went fairly smoothly and then...

ME: May I have your billing address please?

HIM: WHAT?!?

ME: Your billing address please?

HIM: *sounding completely disgusted at my stupidity* Well for Gods sake its the Blah Blah trailer park! Right behind the Dairy Queen!

Riiiiight. I should have known! Never mind I'm 2000 miles away from you and have never spoken to you in my life.

A few other recent goodies...

HER: What do you mean the item is no longer available? Why did you put it in your catalog if you weren't going to have it available?!?

ME: Is it a new catalog or an old one?

HER: Well it says 1996 but that's not an excuse. You People shouldn't put stuff in the catalog and get a persons hopes up if you aren't going to have it!

Uh huh.

ME: May I have the key code from the yellow box on the back of your catalog please?

HIM: Where will I find it?

ME: ...On the back of your catalog. In a yellow box.

HIM: I don't see it. All I have hear is something called "key code" in a YELLOW box.

ME: Ah. Well let me have THAT number then.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Things that annoy me in general...

When they interrupt my opening greeting. Really, it only takes 10 seconds. SHUT UP!

When they argue with me about why they have to give me their billing info, telling me how they don't have time for it, for longer than it would have taken to simply give me the info.

People who eat on the phone. Chew, chew, SMACKING in my ear. Grrrrr!

When I ask what kind of credit card they're using and they give me the name of their bank.

When they tell me intimate, personal details about their bodily functions, assuming that because I'm taking an order for some magic hair growing, prostate fixing, etc "herbal supplement", I must be a doctor. NEWS FLASH! People don't go to college for 15 years to sit in a call room and take orders for crap sold on late night infomercials!

When they act like they're surprised there's a shipping fee and tell me they never heard of such a thing.

There's more but I will stop now. Sigh.

Does that mean if I look through my old LEGO catalogs I shouldn't expect to buy anymore of their Ice Planet 2002 playsets? ^_^
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

*pat pat* There, there.

Quoth saneless View Post
      When I ask what kind of credit card they're using and they give me the name of their bank.
      I actually have a go around for this one. Don't even ask what KIND of card they're using, just get the card number. If it starts with a 4 it's a Visa, a 5 it's a Mastercard, a 6 it's a Discover and if it starts with a 3 it's an American Express.

Yes, it's bad that I know this. I can also tell from the first 5 numbers on Visa's or Mastercards if you're one of the mega-banks or a smaller one and if it's a credit or debit card.
      "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth saneless View Post
        HER: What do you mean the item is no longer available? Why did you put it in your catalog if you weren't going to have it available?!?

ME: Is it a new catalog or an old one?

HER: Well it says 1996 but that's not an excuse. You People shouldn't put stuff in the catalog and get a persons hopes up if you aren't going to have it!

Uh huh.

ME: May I have the key code from the yellow box on the back of your catalog please?

HIM: Where will I find it?

ME: ...On the back of your catalog. In a yellow box.

HIM: I don't see it. All I have hear is something called "key code" in a YELLOW box.

Sounds like GK's callers have found another phone number!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
          Does that mean if I look through my old LEGO catalogs I shouldn't expect to buy anymore of their Ice Planet 2002 playsets? ^_^
          Nah, that means you should try to order the fire station in the 1982 catalog
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth saneless View Post
            It Came From the 1971 Sears Catalog
            Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
            TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth saneless View Post
              When they tell me intimate, personal details about their bodily functions, assuming that because I'm taking an order for some magic hair growing, prostate fixing, etc "herbal supplement", I must be a doctor. NEWS FLASH! People don't go to college for 15 years to sit in a call room and take orders for crap sold on late night infomercials!
              The new suppliments make me fart all the time, they're the wet and squishy kind. Wanna hear one?
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
              X