Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently Dunkin' Donuts sells fish bait...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Dunkin' Donuts sells fish bait...

Ok so these two guys weren't really SCs but they apparently thought that Dunkin' Donuts sells fish bait to go fishing.

Them: You have vanilla bagels?
    ME: No. We have vanilla frosted donuts...
    Them: You have bagels, no?
    Me: Yes.
    Them: You have bagels, no?
    Me: Yes. Their right there. *points to bagels*
    Them: You have any sweet bagels?
    Me: Yea. We have cinnamon raisin bagels...
    Then one of them wants to touch the bagel and he's pulling it apart and what not and he doesn't want it so he wasted a bagel and I had to throw it away. After all of that they finally bought 6 old fashioned donuts...

Then an hour later another customer came in...

SC: You have any munchkins?
    Me: Yes we do.
    SC: Are they fresh?
    Me: Their from the morning.
    SC: Oh are they stale?
    Me: No. Their pretty soft.
    SC: I see munchkins in the back.
    I had to go to the back and I had to tell her we had no munchkins in the back. Then she's like...
    SC: Since these munchkins aren't that fresh, can I have 10 for one dollar?
    Note: We sell 6 munchkins for one dollar and 12 for two dollars.
    Me: How about you get 12 munchkins for two dollars?
    Then she started having that "customer is always right" attitude which I cannot stand.
    SC: No. Since these aren't fresh, I want to have 10 for a dollar. Let me talk to the manager.
    I get the manager. He tells her that their fresh and their 6 for one dollar and can't give her any more for one dollar. She wasn't even a regular customer. If she was, then maybe it would be different. So she left without taking any munchkins. OH WELL.

Gee, I wish I could pull prices out of my butt whenever I felt like it. It must be nice.

Comment

Well, in some places, a customer has the legal right to haggle - but the business has just as much right to say, "No, that's the price." I personally love haggling, and will do so at pretty much any opportunity.

But it's downright irrational to try to haggle with someone who doesn't actually have any authority over the prices. Corporations don't haggle*. Don't even bother.

* Yes, there are some exceptions, but they're so exceptional that the company will usually go out of its way to tell you in their advertising that you're now "allowed" to haggle with them.

Comment

DD's will haggle, but you have to be there at the right time, within half an hour of close, and you must be a regular in the store at non-haggle times as well. The DD's that I used to go to 2 or 3 times a day would usually throw in a dozen donuts for free once a week or so at closing time since they have to throw them away anyhow. One particularly slow day I was in they gave me 3 dozen Boston Creams I think I gained about 15 pounds over the course of the next 4 days.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I have to start going to DD.

I really do.

When I give up on my diet.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

She came at the wrong time. If she came to the night shift, we would've given her the 10 for 1 dollar just to get rid of our munchkins. Even at night, if you buy 6 donuts, we'll give you 6 free. Plus she wasn't even a regular customer. I never seen her before and I know my customers pretty well.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              Gee, I wish I could pull prices out of my butt whenever I felt like it. It must be nice.
              Feels nicer than when they go in, I guess.

Rapscallion

Comment

Sorry to be a grammar nazi, but:

Their = possessive form of They (something belongs to They -- as in "Their Car")
                They're = They are
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

People who haggle annoy the crap out of me.
                  A large corporation is not a farmer's market or flea market. The price is what it is so either buy it or don't, but don't try to get someone to lower ther price for you because you're too cheap to pay what is asked.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    I have to start going to DD.

I really do.

When I give up on my diet.
                    so, tomorrow then?
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I love going to the cheap jewelry kiosks in malls. I've gotten a silver chain, solid and weighs about half a pound for fifty dollars. They wanted one fifty, but I told them I only had fifty on me. They even threw in tax.
                      Every Time I help a customer, I feel dirty inside.

Also cold and wet.

Sticky, too.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                        so, tomorrow then?
                        Close enough.

Damn my McDonalds french fry craving.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X