Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No I will not kick out a mentally disabled person!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I will not kick out a mentally disabled person!

This is one of my old stories.

SC: Some old woman watching a soccor movie
    HW: Handy capped watcher.
    Me: Defender of the weak.

SC: Yeah, I'm watching (insert title here) and there are these girls in there making noises and stuff.

Me: Okay I'll go check it out

So I go to the theatre, which is mostly empty, walk in, walk up the stairs and chill for a few seconds. All I can hear is the movie so either the old woman was lying or hearing things. I shrug it off and go back to the lobby. A few minutes later this exchange occurs.

HW: Uh yeah, is your (insert company) predjudice against mentally disabled people?

The gears in my head start turning. Oh shit, SC was complaining about a mentally disabled person and not some kids or whatever I thought. Time to cover my ass cause at this point I realize what had happened and became offended.

Me: No, no, not at all.
    HW: Well that woman in there is telling her (mentally disabled person) to be quiet and to stop making noises (I can't remember the converstion verbatim so work with me here).
    Me: No, I get you. Yeah, that's uncalled for and I appologize. I had no idea that was the situation.
    HW: Well, thanks.

HW worker walks off and I'm left to fume. The nerve of SC. Complaining about a person who has no control over their actions. If anything I should've kicked her out. Any way, I see SC and her friend later that day filling out complaint cards. Yeah, go ahead and see how fast we change that rule ladies *sarchasm*
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

First off welcome to the boards. That and Metal Gear Solid is one of the most coolest series ever.

Second, what a evil woman. Honestly she needs a mighty clue by four upside the head.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Thanks for making me feel welcome.

While I love my job, this site has helped me see that I'm not the only person who has to deal with morons.
      Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

Welcome to CS. Also, I love Metal Gear as well. Have you seen the new trailers? Especially, the one with Ninja Raiden fighting Vamp? Awesome.

Enough of being OT. I had a SC complain about a mentally disabled man once. I went over to see what he was doing and guess what? He was singing! He wasn't off key either. He was just singing. Show tunes. I went back to my till, she came a few minutes later and asked why I hadn't kicked him out. I just laughed. I wanted to ask her if she had anything better to do. Some people are so dumb.

Comment

When I worked at the restaurant, I had an SC get mad at the fact that some kids (from a local church group with their friends and parents) were apparently "being annoying and bothering her". She made several comments about them being stupid and whatnot.

She's an uneducated piece of crap. They were autistic. Autism is a condition that effects COMMUNICATION, and by no means does it mean those kids were stupid. Some of those kids were quite bright, always ordered for themselves, and ALWAYS said thank you (with their cool little language cards where they pointed to the letters). They came in every Thursday, I loved waiting on them.
          "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Yeah, I've seen the new trailers and for all the bitching people did about playing as Raiden in MGS2, they'll all change their minds once they see him as the new "gray fox" so to speak. My only regret is that I havn't played the original. I want to get a Wii so I can play the twin snakes, and not the old PS1 version. And the gamecube is a dead horse.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

In fact sometimes autistic kids can be very very bright, but saddly hampered in communicating that brightness by their condition.
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
              X