This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting money

My first tale to be posted on this forum is not so much about a stupid customer, though i've had plenty, but more of a disgusting one.

So the other day, this one customer comes up to pay his credit card bill. Fair enough. I scan his statement and pull up his account, then ask how much he wants to pay. He says 60 and hands me his money. I take it and start punching in the number 60 on the register when i notice the cash feels warm and moist. It's odd, but doesn't gross me out yet.

After i put away the cash into the register and hand the man his receipt for the payment, i notice he folds up his wallet, and stuffs it down the front of his shorts...

As soon as he walked away i RAN to the bathroom and washed my hands about 3 times.

Ewwwwwwwwww.....

We have contractors who come in and pull out money from their back pocket and it's all wet. I can't help but gag on the inside. I carry hand sanitizer all the time so I'm not SOL like everyone else. Also, I put that type of money under the draw so it can dry.

Comment

Personally, I think using too much hand sanitizer is bad. Helps create supergerms. I'd suggest (but it wouldn't work out) a cup of sanitizer to dip the money it.

I see more and more cashiers at work wearing gloves.

Wow, I just had a thought...so THAT'S where all the small gloves might be going.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I was using latex medical gloves. I did not care what anybody thought. I also used Hand Sanitizer after I took off the gloves, for break.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Nothing made my day more than when an old fat lady pulled the money out of her bra to pay for something.

Especially on a hot, muggy day.

Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

At least it was in his wallet, down the front of his shorts, not just notes against skin. Those stories about "ladies" taking rolls of notes out of their bras are far more icky.

Similar story, where I was at fault: I wrote a cheque for the cost of my riding lesson the other day and put it in the pocket of my jodhpurs. I didn't get to pay until AFTER my (fairly intensive) lesson, by which time the cheque was definitely on the warm and moist side I offered to write another one, but they were cool about it.
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
              Similar story, where I was at fault: I wrote a cheque for the cost of my riding lesson the other day and put it in the pocket of my jodhpurs. I didn't get to pay until AFTER my (fairly intensive) lesson, by which time the cheque was definitely on the warm and moist side I offered to write another one, but they were cool about it.
              Horse people are completely different though... I mean, come on, they know how hot and sweaty you get when you ride in the summer, and besides, they probably give their sweaty horses big bear hugs after they're done riding... (I know I do!). Plus, they are used to getting dirty and gross, so a little more sweat? No big deal.
              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
              The Office

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Personally, I think using too much hand sanitizer is bad. Helps create supergerms. I'd suggest (but it wouldn't work out) a cup of sanitizer to dip the money it.

I see more and more cashiers at work wearing gloves.

Wow, I just had a thought...so THAT'S where all the small gloves might be going.
                Actually, hand sanitizers are an anti-septic rather than an antibiotic and are not likely to create a super germ resistant to it.

Technically, the alcohol content of the sanitizers works to kill everything by breaking down the bacteria down on a cellular level (as well as any other type of cell). With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive.

Antibiotics work by killing off the germs while trying to keep the host alive...that's where germs can get a resistance.

I guess you could liken it to the Antibiotic is like trying to kill off a population by spreading a disease, some will develop a resistance...while the antiseptic is like trying to kill off the population with a nuke. There ain't no resistance to be built.

M
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Mongo, thanks for correcting me and teaching me something new.

I mean it.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

More disgusting money....

Quoth Victor13 View Post
                    After i put away the cash into the register and hand the man his receipt for the payment, i notice he folds up his wallet, and stuffs it down the front of his shorts...

Not as bad as no wallet though, for sure. Which is not as bad as bra money (lots of lotto players ). Which is not as bad as shoe money (mostly kids). Which is about on par with mouth money. (SC comes up with hands full of purchases and his/her money in their mouth, which they proceed to pull out and hand to you. What flabbergasted me were the occasional SCs that didn't understand why I would say "You can just put that down on the counter." (I tried to be getting their change ready so they wouldn't be TOO offended, but I WAS NOT touching that bill straight from their crotch/cleavage/foot/mouth.) They honestly looked put upon!!!

On a similar note, we used to have a regular that soaked her lotto-buying bills in "lucky" oil. (Kind of like patchoulli.) Not "scented" - imagine a paper towel immersed in water. After a shift when I forgot to deposit the twenty that I had put to one side to dry out I told her we wouldn't take them anymore. She explained that she was already upset that we "didn't put them with the other money" right away anyway, so she was going elsewhere. And she did. WTF???

Comment

At least once a day I get soaking wet money. Which is to be expected I guess, because we have water rides. It is a real pain in the ass to deal with, since it all sticks together and you have to pry it apart, and what I do is lift up the stack of bills already in my drawer and stick the wet bills on the bottom. Not really a problem, yet it still kind of annoys me when people come up to the counter and LAUGH about how their money is wet. Yeah, haha. Actually no, it's not really funny to me, because it's a pain in my ass. I've noticed what a lot of people do is bring little ziplock bags with them and keep their money and other little things in it, which seems to me like a really good idea. I'm going to start suggesting that the next time some person comes up and giggles about their soaked, nearly impossible to handle money.

Comment

Actually, I ordered a pair of padded athletic shorts recently, that have a small pocket on the inside, against the hipbone. The pocket is advertised as being for your "mouth guard, credit card, or drivers license", but I imagine it would work for cash too. I've not tried it, I generally keep my purse in the trunk of my car while practicing, and have my wallet and such handy when I'm done. I can see the advantage to having some small bills available for the vending machines though.
                        Zee website has been *UPDATED*

Comment

Working...
                        X