Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a Jamaican $5 coin in with the Nickels in one of our registers a few weeks ago. For a while I thought someone wasn't paying attention and they lost money by giving to us as a Nickel. Turns out it's only worth 7 cents.

I don't know where everyone got the idea that people from New York don't like Canadian coins. I get Canadian Pennies and Nickels all the time when I count the registers at night. I just ignore them and toss them back in the till when I'm done counting the coins. In the 4 years I've worked at this store I've never heard of anyone having a problem getting a Canadian coin as change.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

I can't accept Canadian money at my work, because I know from experience that our bank wants nothing to do with Canadian money, and no one around here really wants it as change. Someone has only tried to pay me with Canadian money once though. Although I know some other people at my work accept it, because whenever I take the excess change to the bank they allways find something like three Canadian pennies, and a 5 cent Euro piece.
      My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

Working...
      X