This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soup of the day

Let me preface by saying that, to my knowledge, none of our stores in the U.S. serve soup. (correct me if I'm wrong). It was near the end of my shift...

Phone rings

me: Thank you for calling BlankBucks on blank and blank st. How can I help you?

[it sounds like whoever is on the phone is calling from a combination kennel for vicious dogs/newborn baby hospital ward, with a traveling circus coming through, Megadeth doing a soundcheck in the corner, and a cattle auction just next door... ]

phone lady: *chaos and noise in the background* "Erk flaboust doop flonkerblay"

me: "huh? I'm sorry I didin't hear you"

phone lady: "floumerbost dasploochem bidet!!??"

me: "I'm sorry ma'am I still can't hear you.."

phone lady: *finally finding a spot with slightly less catastrophe and armageddon in the background* "WHAT'S - YOUR - SOUP - OF - THE - DAY!!????"

me: "our soup of the day??"

phone lady: "yes"

me: "broccoli cheese"

phone lady: "thank you"

me: "you're welcome"

I just couldn't resist. I apologized in advance to my co-workers in case an irate woman came in looking for the soup of the day. Apparently, she never did.
    I will never go to school!

You work at Starbucks don't you? (You don't have to answer that) That's SO funny that someone would call Starbucks looking for soup. People are weird I tell ya!
    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Eh, it's probably because Panera has soup. Starbucks, St. Louis Bread Company, what's the difference?
      "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Not even close to the weirdest. The most common though are people who think we have fountain sodas.. and then get very agitated when we tell them we do not.
        I will never go to school!

Comment

Kinda like that woman who called me at Chesterfield to ask about Mrs. Field's...
          "What time're they open until?"
          RJ: "Uh... I don't know, as they're not only on a different floor, they're on a different wing?"
          "Well, can you go check?"
          RJ: "Ma'am, the mall is shutting down for the night. If they're not closing right now, they will be shortly."
          "Well, what's their phone number?"
          RJ: "I don't know. Did you check the yellow pages for a Mrs. Field's in Chesterfield Mall?" I turned to Old SM who was standing at the gate, shooing customers into the store for last minute sales... "What's the number for customer directory?"
          OS: *rattles off some number, which I repeat to caller, who repeats it to someone else near her*
          Last edited by Imogene; 08-23-2007, 04:41 PM. Reason: Added more juice, more gossip, more glitz, more glam.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Actually one of the many Starbucks near me recently started selling soup in their cafe. They already sell sandwiches, so i guess they figured they may as well have soup too. But yeah, i was surprised the first time i saw they had a "soup of the day." Not something you expect to be able to order at Starbucks.
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
              Actually one of the many Starbucks near me recently started selling soup in their cafe. They already sell sandwiches, so i guess they figured they may as well have soup too. But yeah, i was surprised the first time i saw they had a "soup of the day." Not something you expect to be able to order at Starbucks.
              The Starbucks attached to Store1 recently started selling breakfast sandwiches, and they have the packaged sandwiches and salads and stuff, too. I've never tried any of them, though; too expensive.

Quoth BaristaTrav
              Not even close to the weirdest. The most common though are people who think we have fountain sodas.. and then get very agitated when we tell them we do not.
              I liked Store2 better because they have their own cafe which does sell fountain sodas (maybe people who frequent B&N cafes get confused by that?) so I could get my Starbucks hot chocolatey goodness and when I needed a caffeine fix I could get a diet Pepsi (or Mountain Dew if I was really desperate). Not to mention the 50% employee discount...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                Not even close to the weirdest. The most common though are people who think we have fountain sodas...
                Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
                That's SO funny that someone would call Starbucks looking for soup.
                Even more weird and funnier that anyone would want to pay the prices Starbucks charge. But I'm frugal and not a coffee drinker.
                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth walking with scissors View Post
                  Eh, it's probably because Panera has soup. Starbucks, St. Louis Bread Company, what's the difference?
                  Actually, it's probably because the Barnes & Noble Cafe's, which serve Starbuck's coffee and sport their badging prominently, serve soup, sandwiches, etc.

If it has the Starbuck's logo, within 50 meters and it serves coffee, it MUST be a Starbucks, right?
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                    Even more weird and funnier that anyone would want to pay the prices Starbucks charge. But I'm frugal and not a coffee drinker.
                    If people MUST waste spend their money, can't they just give it to me?

I don't drink coffe very often. Once every five years or so. (Sometimes I just feel so out of step with society.)
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                      Actually one of the many Starbucks near me recently started selling soup in their cafe.
                      What kind of soup would Starbucks sell? I mean, given their line of expertise... Cream of Columbian? Chicken Noodle Mochalatte? Gaspachio Frappuchino?
                      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Back about 1980, I managed a small jewelry store in the mall. The store has been out of business for many years, so I feel safe revealing the name of the shop: "Villa de Plata."

I would generally arrive about 8am in order to have all the opening work done by 9am.

One morning, about 8:30, I received a call from a "gentleman" asking what our breakfast menu was. (??) It took me about 5 minutes to explain to him that "plata" meant silver, and not plate. He was convinced that we were a restaurant!

Soup of the day...hmmm... pewter with antimony and gold flake floaters?
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X