This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    …..so then why am I part of this conversation?
    My coworker made a comment I'm sure you will love about that :

Quoth Fellow Netcafe Employee
    Perhaps his sight orbs failed...No, wait, he probably just fails at life
    At this point I'd like to just go dead silent and let them sit there and think about it for a while until it finally clicks in their head.
    This is a dangerous game to begin playing. I had it continue one night for upwards of 15 minutes before a completely unrelated customer yelled out from the back of the store
    Quoth random customer
    Dude, you need to actually finish your "I would like to buy *SILENCE*" sentence before he will actually sell you anything
    and that's about it for me (at least until I get arrive at work in another 3 hours or so)
    It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

I fried to a *crisp* inside of 24 hours and spent the remainder of the vacation huddled in any form of shade I could find, hissing at passersby.
      I feel your pain, because I'm the same way.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        I feel your pain, because I'm the same way.
        Same here. We creatures of the night don't do well in in the foul light of the daystar.

Quoth MinimaMagistra View Post
        <whimpers> <whines> <keens in highpitched tones><childhood love of Indiana Jones and Han Solo dies a gurgling death>
        It is my goal to crush everyone's hopes, dreams, and love one person at a time.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
          If my exile in Florida had been half as interesting as that, I might have considered sticking around longer...oh who am I kidding? The heat/weather alone destroys any fondness I might have had for that state.
          The Keys are not like the rest of Florida, for the most part. I am not fond of Orlando, for example, and I DESPISE Miami. And most of Florida (not all, but mos) is pretty lame, to be honest.

There are many Keys residents that like to forget as much as possible that we are still part of Florida, as well. Many people wiser and more famous than me have said that the Keys are more akin to Cuba or the Caribbean in attitude than to mainland Florida.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I fried to a *crisp*...I'll check the mail in nothing but shorts and sandals in the middle of December. But throw me in the opposite spectrum weather wise and I just burn.
            I'm much the same way when it comes to cold weather. I tolerate that much easier than I do heat. My rationale is that if it's cold, you can always add/subtract layers as you see fit. But if it's hot, you better have either AC or someplace to swim, or you're dead.

All you have to do is stand in that Florida sun for even a few seconds, and you can literally FEEL your flesh burning itself.

Quoth Jester View Post
            I am not fond of Orlando, for example, and I DESPISE Miami. And most of Florida (not all, but mos) is pretty lame, to be honest.
            Yeah, we found that out the hard way.
            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
              We creatures of the night don't do well in in the foul light of the daystar.
              And as an added bonus, if a ray of sunshine hits us just right, we can blind people for MILES.

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
              I'm much the same way when it comes to cold weather. I tolerate that much easier than I do heat. My rationale is that if it's cold, you can always add/subtract layers as you see fit. But if it's hot, you better have either AC or someplace to swim, or you're dead.
              Same here. Although, to tell the truth, I'm not fond of extreme temps in either direction. I just handle cold better.

Oh, and you forgot "If it's hot, there's only so many articles of clothing that you can remove in public without getting arrested."
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X