This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ma'am, you forgot something

I stopped into one of our hospitals today to drop off paperwork, and got told this story.

Yesterday, a woman was furious about some medical charges on her bill. She and the vet argued for awhile. Finally, she declares "Here's what I think of THAT!" and stomps out the door.

They immediately noticed three things.
    1. She hadn't paid yet.
    2. She had left behind her dog.
    3. She had left behind her daughter.

They waited for her to return, but she didn't. Ten minutes passed, and finally the vet took the little girl by the hand and led her outside, telling her to point out mommy's car. But mommy's car wasn't there. They check the woman's records and call the number listed, but no answer or voice mail.

A couple hours later, and the little girl is still there, eating a cashier's lunch and watching Disney in the break room with a vet's son. The dog is simply kept boarded. Repeated calls to the listed number give no result.

Around dusk (24 hour hospital, no closing time), the manager calls up child protection services, and a cop comes by to fetch the girl.

Today, they get a screaming phone call from the woman, furious that we "arrested" her daughter. The vet reminds her that we still have her dog. "Keep the effing dog!" she screams, and hangs up.

The dog is staying at a vet's house, and if never claimed, will probably get adopted by him, or become a resident mascot/blood donor pet (and be pampered and played with by everyone in the hospital). As for the medical charges, we had her signature approving the amount, so we just went ahead and billed it to the credit card number on her file.

(I'd like to end with a note about abandoning pets at a vet hospital. Not a good idea. In my state, we only have to keep a pet 10 days after you don't claim it. And then we can legally have it destroyed. My hospital almost never does that, but we could.)

Wait a minute, she leaves her daughter and the dog at the office and she has the audacity to get upset that they "arrested" her daughter? They should have arrested the dumb bitch for leaving her daughter and the dog. Stupid SCs always blame others but not themselves.

Did she ever pick up her daughter and was she charged with neglect? God, i hope so! Leaving a child at a public place for hours should be arrested.

Comment

oh hell no.... i need a chain, some dr.pepper, some gummy bears, gloves and an empty locker room 30 minutes undisturbed guaranteed

Comment

wow, please tell me something happend to that lady. She didn't just get her daughter back with a slap on the wrist and a "now don't do it again" did she?

Comment

That's just....wow. What a witch. I hope CPS at least looks into the matter and she is punished. You do not get to be upset that CPS picked up your child when you abandoned her at the vet, who did not need to take as good of care of her as they did.

So glad you guys basically got the last laugh though--you kept the dog, got the $$ owed, and hopefully CPS will be looking into her questionable parenting skills.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
            That's just....wow. What a bitch.
            Fixed. No need to hold back on that woman's account.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              oh hell no.... i need a chain, some dr.pepper, some gummy bears, gloves and an empty locker room 30 minutes undisturbed guaranteed

Motion seconded!

That woman is a broken-legged whore and I approve this message.
              Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
              mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Too bad the little girl can't be adopted by the vet along with the dog. Sounds like they would both be better off away from that psycho bitch.

Comment

Someday, someone's going to say to me, "I've got the most bizarre customer story you've ever heard."

I'm going to think back to this story and reply, "Want to bet?"
                  I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Was the little girl upset? Or did this seem like it was a normal sort of occurance for her? That's scary...

i wonder if she's going to call and yell when she gets her credit card bill...

ps, what kind of dog was it? if it's a little guy, i'll take 'im
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Was the little girl upset? Or did this seem like it was a normal sort of occurance for her? That's scary...
                      If it seemed like a normal thing to the little girl, that's horrifying!

I'm sure the police and CPS will be keeping an eye on that family - abandoning your CHILD is horrific!

At least it was at a vet's - this time. Vets are kind to small, helpless mammals.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                        Someday, someone's going to say to me, "I've got the most bizarre customer story you've ever heard."

I'm going to think back to this story and reply, "Want to bet?"
                        I've been doing that since I joined this forum. And it just keeps getting more interesting.

Skandranon, you will keep us posted if something new develops and you hear about it, won't you? I'm curious what will happen with this woman. I hope she gets some sort of punishment for what she did, though I suppose the loss of the dog and the charge for the services anyway is better than nothing.
                        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                        - IPF

Comment

Aside from the obvious horror of this woman leaving her daughter behind for hours, the one thing that stood out most to me in this post was the mention of "destroying" animals.
                          I know what you mean by it, but that is just possibly the worst way to word that.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                            Aside from the obvious horror of this woman leaving her daughter behind for hours, the one thing that stood out most to me in this post was the mention of "destroying" animals.
                            I know what you mean by it, but that is just possibly the worst way to word that.
                            Kind of funny that it's the standard euphemism, isn't it? In reference to strays, no one says "put to sleep."

Comment

That's blood chlling. Maybe they could pay her for her daughter with a nice vial of crack, since I be tthat's all she gives a damn about.
                              Every Time I help a customer, I feel dirty inside.

Also cold and wet.

Sticky, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X