This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her threatening to switch companies caused us to give away the store

I have mentioned this in other posts regarding non-profitable customers. This is also someone I talked about earlier who at least three times a month, calls in to gripe about everything except for the service she has with us. Because of it, her account is one of those I keep a constant eye on.

I took a look at it last week, and suspended her account for not paying the bill. Ever since May of this year, she had "problems" with her e-mail service. The "problems" were the fact that we had shut down her service for not paying the bill, causing her not to be able to look at her e-mail. When this first started, a rep agreed to provide her with a $10 credit, which were late charges, but she still had to pay the bill. Since that time, she has had the account suspended for non payment, and each month, calls in to gripe about the "problems" with logging into her e-mail. Every time, someone gives this heffer a month's worth of credit, and then turns her back on.

This past week, I checked and found she owed $45, which was at least two months of service past due. I immediately shut her off, and of course, she ignored the voice mails left before I did this. Four days later, I saw a note on her account where a supervisor in another department not related to this gave her a $30 credit, and his notes said "Customer was threatening to leave for another company unless she was provided a credit. Customer saved." Nothing more. I was nearly infuriated with that, mainly because all this bitch has to do is tell all of her friends how she gets away with free service. All you have to do is threaten the company you deal with, and if you're ugly enough about it, you get money knocked off your bill.

Does anyone find that a company actually "saves" a customer who month after month does not pay their bill? How are these people called "customers" if the company does not profit from them? Isn't this why companies like Sprint picked out 1,000 of their worst customers and decided to tell them to whistle "Dixie"? Nothing but a problem customer, getting free service, bitches and complains all the time.......time to take action, I say.

is there anyway to put a report together showing this clients history
    Pass it on to someone higher up and show the comments made by the most recent person. Pose it in the way that you are concerend for the benefit of the company yet this supervisor acted another way and you just aren't sure what should be done.
    Sometimes things have to be bold print in their face to have the realization hit that this isn't a first time caller and it isn't saving a customer it is stealing from the company.
    Or is there a way that the account can be locked so that any changes to the account credit or otherwise can only be handled by yourself? (or a dept familiar with this clients history?)

Comment

The next time you disco her, put this in the notes:

ATTENTION! THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED DUE TO NON PAYMENT. ANY PROBLEMS THE CUSTOMER HAS LOGGING IN TO HER EMAIL FROM NOW ON ARE ALL DUE TO HER NOT PAYING HER BILL. IF SHE WISHES TO SOLVE THIS LOG IN PROBLEM, SHE MUST PAY THE BALANCE IN FULL. IF SHE WISHES TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER SERVICE, REMIND HER THAT THEY WILL REQUIRE MONTHLY PAYMENT.

Comment

Quoth Jewels View Post
        ATTENTION! THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED DUE TO NON PAYMENT. ANY PROBLEMS THE CUSTOMER HAS LOGGING IN TO HER EMAIL FROM NOW ON ARE ALL DUE TO HER NOT PAYING HER BILL. IF SHE WISHES TO SOLVE THIS LOG IN PROBLEM, SHE MUST PAY THE BALANCE IN FULL. IF SHE WISHES TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER SERVICE, REMIND HER THAT THEY WILL REQUIRE MONTHLY PAYMENT.

Those are great notes, and yes, I have put notes like this on other accounts. Only thing is, it can become a total waste of time being there are spineless supervisors and reps that still give in to people like this. I had one a while back who raised hell because we shut him off, and his reply was the fact that other internet providers don't treat their customers like this. My rebuttal was other internet providers, including us, expect paying for services they are providing and are not into giving free service. It shuts them up, but they'll just talk to someone else.

Comment

"Just don't give away the homeworld!"

There've been situations for some time of people who are trying to keep a business running who have no business sense. During the dot-com craze, a company was selling things below cost. When they were asked about this, the response was:

"That's OK, we'll make it up in volume!"

Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Quoth Thud-n-Blunder View Post
            There've been situations for some time of people who are trying to keep a business running who have no business sense. During the dot-com craze, a company was selling things below cost. When they were asked about this, the response was:

"That's OK, we'll make it up in volume!"

An online comics strip called "The Order of the Stick" did a great strip about this.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
              is there anyway to put a report together showing this clients history
              Pass it on to someone higher up and show the comments made by the most recent person.
              Better yet, make it really super visual. Make a chart showing over time, her billed amount, the amount SHE actually paid vs the amount she was given in credit. If you want, you can just send me the numbers with no identifying info, and I can make a pretty one in Excel. Make the billed amount a nice blue (neutral), credits in red (money lost) and payment in green (money gained).

No one can deny a chart!!
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Audit

I remember years ago when the company did an audit of customers, the sales/contracts with them and the costs of service to the same customers. We got some big surprises in which hardware was really the best to own/service.

But more important we found the ten customers/companies that were costing us the most to support. In total they represented a loss of over $250,000 per year just by themselves.

Add in all the less sucky but still costing money clients and suddenly the company that barely was making a profit last year did very good the following year.

We cut off all the freebies (tech service, hardware and software) from the salesmen, demanded payment of all money past due before sending out a tech to do any further repairs, and made sure bills cover every single minute at the customer's site and *ALL* the hardware shipped to them.

Remember those 10 represented about $5,000,000 in sales. After all expenses that should come out to about $500,000 profit to the store, instead they were costing us $250,000 - fixing their contracts and forcing them to pay on time made a huge different in the profit line!

Comment

Sooo...which company do you work at again? I need some free internet....
                  Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                  X