This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism and Money

Yeah, i'm still kinda thinking WTF was this bitch on.

So I have two people in line. One in front of me, and another was behind her.

The person before me pays with a bunch of ones. Takes maybe 30 seconds to count, recount, and recount again. Transaction goes smoothly, and I help the next person.

Things are going smooth, until I begin to get her change.

SC: "Do not give me any ones that wetback gave you."
    Me:
    SC: "You heard me. Don't give me any dollar bills that wetback gave you!"
    Me: "What wetback?"
    SC: "That wetback that was in front of me!"

Oh-kay, better get the manager before this turns into a really bad parody of Mind of Mencia. LP instead comes up (he's a keyholder

LP: "What is the problem?"
    SC: "I don't want any dollar bills that was given to your cashier by the wetback that was in front of me."
    LP: "What?"
    SC: "She doesn't want the bills that was given to me by the customer in front of her."

Now as I was replying, I had taken the dollar bills, taken them out of the till, and began to "shuffle them." Part spite, part waiting-and-needed-to-do-something-while-problem-got-solved. As the SC and LP were arguing abit over policy, semantics, and logic, I shuffled two "clean" bills over the two "dirty" bills and dumped the rest of the "dirty"bills to the bottom of the stack.

LP: "Just give what she wants."
    Me: "Okay, here are 4 clean bills!!"

SC takes it without a word. LP and I reflect abit.

LP: "You did give her at least one of the bills that customer gave you, right?"
    Me: "Two."
    LP: "First that germphobic woman, and now this. What next, some idiot comes in and asks for bills with 666 in them?"

That's so sad....that this kind of crap still goes on in this day & age shows you how racist this country still is & will always be.

Comment

I would have done the same thing as you. Except I would have shuffled them where she could see me doing it and asked her to point out the 'wetback' bills.

Stupid people.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand. What's "wetback"?
        I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth jb17kx View Post
          Illegal alien. Aimed typically at those of Mexican descent.
          Last edited by Gravekeeper; 09-02-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

That must be the epitome of stupid racism, to not want to touch money that has been touched by the object of your fear & intolerance.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Oh, I would have been so tempted to shuffle the stack in front of her before giving her her change.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Oh, I would have been so tempted to shuffle the stack in front of her before giving her her change.
                hell, I would have done it three card monte style.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  hell, I would have done it three card monte style.
                  Can you teach me that? Might come in handy...
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What a hateful bitch. I hope when she pays with ones, the person behind her says to the cashier,
                    "Don't give me any ones that (ethnic slur of woman's race) gave you!"
                    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Oh my god, that would've pissed me off so much! You know what, I would've told her too bad - those ones are already mixed in with the other ones that were in my till and it's too late. I can guarantee you that one day that "lady" is going to get her ass knocked out for spewing her racist crap in front of the wrong person.

This reminds me of an incident at the grocery store I worked at while I was in high school. I was working the express lane (oh GOD how I hated working express!) and it wasn't very busy. A couple that looked like they both might have been of Hispanic descent wanted to check out and they had 2 WIC checks. As it wasn't busy, and they had only a couple of items, I told them sure. I knew how to process WIC checks fairly quickly and I hated to make people wait in the longer lines if they only had a couple of items.

Anyway, an older, Caucasian couple comes up behind them while I'm finishing up the transaction. As the Hispanic (?) couple walks away, the older couple says to each other and me, "Damn Mexicans! Hahaha!" I was mortified. I guess they thought I would laugh along with them because I'm obviously of mostly Western European descent and a Southern American on top of that. I just gave them a very hard, cold glare and slightly shook my head. I didn't say a word to them for the rest of their transaction. I wanted them to feel embarrassed and ashamed, but I doubt they did. I only hoped that the other couple didn't overhear them. I should have said, "Damn racist old people who still think it's the fucking 1950's!!! Hahaha!!" but unfortunately I would've been fired.
                      Last edited by RammsteinGirl; 09-02-2007, 05:55 PM.
                      My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Maybe I'm a bit too confrontational mixed with smnartalec but I'd have looked at the person departing then turned back and said "Nope they look dry to me." And then proceed to do business as usual and totally ignore them. Either that or the purposely shuffle the bills in front of them too. I like that.

If they actually knew about everything a dollar bill actually comes into contact with I bet they wouldnt care so much about what race a person handling it was....

Comment

Quoth jb17kx View Post
                          Racial slur aimed at Hispanics. I think it originated from the fact that Hispanics do a lot of manual labor such as picking vegetables and their backs would get all sweaty.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
                            What a hateful bitch. I hope when she pays with ones, the person behind her says to the cashier,
                            "Don't give me any ones that (ethnic slur of woman's race) gave you!"
                            Hey, now. No need to encourage it.
                            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

It would have been nice to be able to get away with grabbing the bitch's bill back off of the register by the very tips of the fingers, and toss it back towards her, while going into a mock panic and screaming "Oh CHRIST!! Oh CHRIST!! I just touched a bill handled by a Racist Piece of SHIT!! Where the hell is the Goddamn Hand Sanitizer?!?!"

Mike
                              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                              X