This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    that particular "tax"/gratuity/tackon has been around (I believe ) as long as CS has been around (like 8 or 9 years now)
    It's even older. It's been around since before things were all Fixed-Price and way back to people who were assholes paying more bargaining in the markets because the merchants hated them and could get away with it.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I think the first incidence went something like this:

Sucky Neanderthal: <whistles> Oi, Hairy! How much is this mammoth steak?
      Retail Neanderthal #2: Don't whistle at me! I'm not a tame sabre-tooth tiger.
      SN: Do you wan't me to speak to your Neandermanager? How much?
      RN: 4 pelts and 5 flint arrowheads.

Later:
      Nice neanderthal lady: Excuse me, my good proto-man. How much is this mammoth steak?
      RN: 3 pelts.
      NNL: Thank you.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

For some reason, travel agents will book a smoking room when we are sold out of non-smoking. So when the guest comes in, they think we messed up their reservation. NO! It was the travel agency. I actually had one travel agent tell me that they do that on purpose because "rooms always come open."

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
          For some reason, travel agents will book a smoking room when we are sold out of non-smoking. So when the guest comes in, they think we messed up their reservation. NO! It was the travel agency. I actually had one travel agent tell me that they do that on purpose because "rooms always come open."
          I HATE that! When you are able to call them on it, ..."Well, we requested a non smoking room." Well, a request is not the same as booking one.

There are also a few agencies that put a rollaway or crib request on EVERY RESERVATION THEY MAKE! We had to stop putting them in rooms before check in because 98% of reservations with that request didn't want one. Of course, the 2% that did want one get pissy because it isn't in the room waiting for them. Ya can't win.

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
            Uh, I've never knowingly booked a smoking room when someone wants a non smoking. I ALWAYS tell them that they can have a smoking room, or I can book a different hotel. Did you ever think that maybe the agent DID tell the customer, but the customer didnt listen or read the itinerary and shows up thinking they'll have their usual non smoking room?

We all know SC's don't listen or read. They hear and see what they want to hear/see.

Point is, it's not always the agency's fault. Nor is it always a HOTELS fault. Stuff happens.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              Uh, I've never knowingly booked a smoking room when someone wants a non smoking. I ALWAYS tell them that they can have a smoking room, or I can book a different hotel. Did you ever think that maybe the agent DID tell the customer, but the customer didnt listen or read the itinerary and shows up thinking they'll have their usual non smoking room?

We all know SC's don't listen or read. They hear and see what they want to hear/see.

Point is, it's not always the agency's fault. Nor is it always a HOTELS fault. Stuff happens.
              You are 100% correct. I must say though the vast majority of travel agents are very good and book the correct room. They just blame the travel agent and/or the hotel.

Comment

Working...
              X