This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
    When I worked at the movie theatre, we had a whole LINE of people TRIPLE PARKED. nobody in one row could get out. The couple were all dressed up and had to cancel reservations. sadly, the tow company couldn't do much either since they coudlnt' tell WHERE the lines were. Not sure exactly the details. They got free popcorn, soft drinks and tickets for another movie for their troubles, even if it wasn't our fault. I felt bad for them
    hehe, this happened to me at my car dealer once. they have a row of spots that they park the cars in when they are finished and waiting for pickup, but when they are waiting to be worked on they move them to the other side, which has 3 "layers" of spots (customers don't actually park there; you park in the "finished" row when dropping off, also). I got there to pick up my car, and they hadn't moved it to the finished spots (I think they were full) so my mom and I went searching, and it was on the other side in the middle row, and the guy had to find the keys to move the car that was blocking it...i had to laugh
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

At my parent's town and other places

My school is a commuter school and while I can usually find a place to park (It's far and out of the way; there are more than enough spaces there in the worst of times.) I am amused by seeing the very bad parking going on and when the lots are at their breaking point. I always think how the lots can be improved if we had tow trucks around here.

In the town my parents live in, there is a yearly 4th of July carnival along with fireworks over a lake. They lived near the lake but we got a good view at our house anyway. One problem we constantly had was people parking on our lawn when this came around causing headaches for those who lived in the neighborhood.
      One guy got annoyed to the point that he started charging for parking because his friends couldn't park there and they were blocking his driveway. However it turned out that due to some odd ordinance (My hometown has some strange laws) that he couldn't do it but he got another idea. He took his wife's car, his son's car, and his car and blocked the spaces so he could save them for his friends. As soon as his friends got there he'd move them.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Long Beach has a Grand Prix every year. The people who live in that area despise that time of year because it causes some extreme headaches as regards parking and just getting around at all. Some places get blocked completely for the race and have to move their cars to a far parking area so they can have access to them.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Saw a bad driver today as I stopped at the library. (I say 'a' as though Texas isn't freaking full to overflowing with them) He parked his van in the fire lane, as I was walking by. He got out, and opened the rear door, and got out a child's safety seat. I didn't stop to watch, but I get the feeling he was going to unload the kid, go park, and come grab kid... Yes, that's wise.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post

Some douche of a lady thought it was O.K. to park her big ass of a car IN THE MIDDLE of the space, OVER THE LINES and BETWEEN the two bikes. She was an older woman, you'd think she know better, but she didn't. It pissed me off to no end, I was about ready to go out there and vandalize her car (I didn't - but I wanted to). The other biker didn't really seem to mind and didn't do, or say anything about it.
            My dad is the president of a motorcycle club. He and his friends would probably not be so nice about it. Props to you and your husband for just letting it go!
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Had to come back to this one. Went down into Chicago yesterday with my mom and a neighbor, driving my dad's Exploder (Explorer) and parked in a parking garage. There was nearly a full level of the garage that was technically only half-full, but couldn't fit anymore cars because people were parked so poorly, even with brightly painted lines and plenty of signs.

Oh, and when we got back after the show, I had to back out in order for my mom to even get in the car, thanks to the asshat who parked practically in my space (I parked perfectly between the lines, thank you!) and bumped some paint on the door of my father's car.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
              X