This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am never having children.

Because God forbid I end up like one of THESE anuscakes. (props to GK!)

Me: So, these charges that you don't recognize on your credit card are going to a cell phone that ends in #1234. It looks like this card has been used on this phone many times before in the last year. Are you familiar with a cell phone that ends in #1234?
    SC: Yes, that's my daughters phone.
    Me: Ok, did you give her permission to use your card on her phone?
    SC: no I didn't. in fact I took the phone away from her last week and hid it.
    Me: Ok, well it sounds like she may have found it and is using it.
    SC: No, I don't think so. One of your employees is using my card, and I need you to find out who it is and have them charged.
    Me: One of OUR employees?
    SC: Yes, that's right. That's the only explanation.
    Me: Why would one of our employees use YOUR credit card on your DAUGHTER'S phone?
    SC: I don't know, but it needs to stop now. I have already notified the police of the situation.
    Me: Well, Ma'am, if someone here was using your card, don't you think they'd use it on their own phone, and not your daughters?
    SC: I have no idea how you people work! All I know is someone is using my card with you, and since it can't be my daughter because I hid her phone, it's got to be someone there who has accessed this phone account before. I probably placed an order with them once or something, and they wrote down my credit card number. God knows.
    Me: Ma'am, these charges were placed on YOUR DAUGHTER'S PHONE. I would say the most likely explanation is that someone has found your hiding place and is using that phone---someone who also has access to your wallet. I suggest you check your hiding place. Also, if you call customer service, they can tell you what phone numbers were recently called with that phone. I suspect you might recognize some of those phone numbers as belonging to your daughter's friends.
    SC: I HID THAT PHONE ON HER! I know damn well it isn't her. It's one of you people. Now I need you to figure out who it is so I can tell the police and they can charge them! If you can't help me then get me a damn supervisor or someone who can. (and off she goes to my lead.)

There's burying your head in the sand, and then there's burying your entire body, putting your fingers in your ears and shouting 'nyah nyah nyah I can't hear you!' while a nuclear explosion is happening just above you.
    __________________________________________________ ________

SC: That's my daughter's phone, I recognize it.
    Me: Ok. Do you want me to block this card in our system so she can't use it anymore?
    SC: Doesn't matter, I'm having the card cancelled. My daughter is ADHD and OCD. She's 16. I just recently got off the anti-depressants and the blood pressure medicine, and I'm not going back on them. I don't care what she does anymore, as long as I can't get in trouble for it. She can go knock over a liquor store if she wants to. As long as she doesn't use my car, I just don't care anymore. *long, deep sigh* Thanks for your help. *click*

You know, as nice as you were to me, you haven't helped my wavering faith in humanity. If that's what parenting does to your attitude then I don't want any part of it. I'll just eat my young, thanks.
    __________________________________________________ __________

SC: so, these minutes were put on phone #2345?
    Me: Yes.
    SC: Ok, and the order was placed for how much and when?
    Me: $26.75. That's $25 plus tax, basically, and it was done last Tuesday about 3 in the afternoon.
    Teenager in background: Mom! I couldn't have done it! You have to have the 3 digit number on the back of the card to make orders with them!
    SC: So, would she have to have the 3 digit number on the back of the card to place this order?
    Me: No. We only require that if you place an order for over $50.
    SC: See! this lady says you don't have to have that number!
    TIB: Well she's LYYYYIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
    SC: Why would she lie to me? You're more likely to lie to me. You've been calling that damn spic boy again, haven't you?!
    TIB: No I haven't, you bitch!
    SC: Ok, that's it. No more public school. It's obviously ruining you!
    TIB: It's not ruining me! It's just making me better than you cause you're a sorry piece of shit!
    SC: Well you're not better than me if you're stealing money behind my back. This phone's going into the river as soon as your father gets home!
    TIB: I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!
    (sounds of a struggle, and after a few seconds, the phone disconnects.)

Yes, that was easily the most bizarre call I've ever had. I don't know which one was worse, racist Mommy or foul-mouthed baby. I can only imagine what Daddy must be like to complete that vision of a happy home. Anyway, I related the gist of that call to a lead, and was given ten minutes to go compose myself. I needed it.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

where's that nuclear explosion when you need it...?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
      Yes, that was easily the most bizarre call I've ever had.
      Amusingly, except for the racist parts, it reminded me of my older sister and my mom back when the older sister was a teenager and my mom had to deal with her as a single mom (after Dad died and before Stepdad came alone). I was often the peacemaker in those squabbles. And to be honest, other than the fact that it was while she was on the line with you, it sounds like pretty much an all too common argument between a mom and a teenage daughter.

And yet people wonder why I am perfectly content remaining an uncle......

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

[B]Yes, that was easily the most bizarre call I've ever had. I don't know which one was worse, racist Mommy or foul-mouthed baby.
        Yeah, that was pretty bad. And awkward for you. This woman has no shame if she has no problem airing her family's dirty laundry on the phone with a stranger.

In the young teenager's defense, she didn't swear at her mother until she called her boyfriend a racial slur. I think that might have set me off, too.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          it sounds like pretty much an all too common argument between a mom and a teenage daughter.
          Really? Not in my house. Neither I nor my sister would have ever gotten into a screaming match, used cuss words, or gotten into a physical fight with my Mother. My Mother rarely raised her voice, and while mild cuss words, were ok, they were never to be used towards anyone else. So I guess that's why it seems so bizarre to me.
          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            In the young teenager's defense, she didn't swear at her mother until she called her boyfriend a racial slur. I think that might have set me off, too.
            I gotta agree with you on this also, I think what the daughter said was tame in response to what the mother said IMO. That kind of hate would set anyone off IMO.

Comment

No, not in your house.

Not in a lot of houses.

But that doesn't mean it isn't common.

To draw an analogy, I never EVER had sex with any girl in my parent's bedroom nor on their bed, as I find that to be obnoxiously disrespectful.

But many people have done just that. (Not in MY parents' room, of course, but in THEIR parents' room!)

Just because YOU haven't done something or experienced something doesn't mean it is not common.

Growing up I never had to deal with sexual abuse, either. Doesn't mean other people didn't. It is, sadly, a common thing.

As is the teenage-parent nasty conflict.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                (Not in MY parents' room, of course, but in THEIR parents' room!)
                You had sex with someone in other people's parents' beds?
                You're a sick man!
                </Peanut>
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

ZOMG

Arrrrgghhhh my imagination has been blinded be such foul images
                  Oh yeah? well you have a gambling problem! - Homer Simpson

Protect the beef - Various <prestige> warlocks

Comment

Wow, I guess I hung out with the goody goody kids or something growing up. None of the people I knew in high school did that kind of stuff. Of course, I grew up in a really conservative, religious small town and I did not go wild until I went to college. But still, I never knew any kids who screwed around in their parents beds, nor did I know anyone who had that terrible a relationship with a parent. And I did know some particularly racist parents!

Comment

Universal birth control in the water supply. It's the only way to be sure.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

She's 16. I don't care what she does anymore, as long as I can't get in trouble for it. She can go knock over a liquor store if she wants to. As long as she doesn't use my car, I just don't care anymore.

That mom might be in for a rude awakening. Depending upon what her underage daughter does, MOM could be held partially or even fully responsible. Hope she doesn't give up on her attempts at parenting just yet.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          Universal birth control in the water supply. It's the only way to be sure.
                          Manditory, legally requiring 10-year-old girls to have their tubes tied. They cannot get un-tied until they are 19 and have 1. graduated high school and 2. passed a parenting class/final test. That's the way to make sure crap like that doesn't happen.

Comment

If my parents never had sex in their own bed, why would I have done it?

Plus, just the thought of lying there where my nasty stepfather did - eewwww!
                            Total surrender
                            Your touch is so tender
                            Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                            And it brings me relief
                            "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              You had sex with someone in other people's parents' beds?
                              You're a sick man!
                              </Peanut>
                              I know . . . the mere thought of having sex in one's parents' bedroom is pretty nauseating, isn't it?

Myself, I've never entertained the thought . . . besides, I have my OWN bed for that.

As a side note: a stereo is quite practical to help drown out the noise.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X