This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    Now, if I could just get the idiot customers at work to quit asking if I'm cold when I have a sweater on. No, I've got this on because I'm sweltering hot....here's your sign.
    Even my parents to do that to me. The conversation usually goes like this:

Person: Are you cold?
    Me: No.
    P: Then why do you have a blanket/sweater/hoodie?
    Me: Well, if I took it off, THEN I would be cold!

They usually shut up and leave me alone then.

Comment

I had a similar situation, but I had a huge Fat Woman tell me it was too hot. It was the dead of winter, and about 70-75 degrees in the building.

FW: Had her own weather system
      Me: Has no weather system

FW: It's so hot in here! Turn down the heat! I'm sweating!
      Me: <looking at the behemoth in front of me with fear and trepidation> Ma'am, the thermostat is in a locked room(true) and by the time the temp drops enough to notice, you'll be gone.
      FW: You don't care about your customers health!
      Me: ........<She was right. I don't. I'm not in the medical profession>

The temp was fine. No one else said anything. I guess if you have the blubber of a walrus encircling your ass it might seem different though.
      I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

At the movie theatre, our thermostats were computerized. For every person that complained it was too cold, we had one complain that it was too hot. Whenever we got a complaint about the temp, we went over to the terminal that had the AC system on it, and checked it's readings, this was enough for people to believe that we were actually changing it, we rarely did.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Yeah, my parents and I were standing around giggling at the rest of the tour group when we were in London last year. It was around 80 and they were all bitching because it was "hot". Meanwhile, it was about 100F at home! Funny thing is though, except for a couple from Seattle and somewhere up in the North-East, the rest were from like, Virginia, South Carolina?
          Heat I can tolerate. I despise humidity, though.

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Not necessarily.
          Fair enough. I was quoting my Mommy. She always says things like that.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

i second that; it's sweltering behind those machines, not just with heat, but humidity. if we don't get that blessed rush of cool (i think it needs aumentation ala fan power, but that's just me), we risk passing out. i'm not up for a trip to the hospital for injuries due to suddenly coming face to face with a floor, so they can bite it, and deal.

i've even gotten so tired of the whining that i told them exactly why it's like that, and that i'm not up for the hospital trip. they shut up after that (the smart ones do, at least; complain to my boss if you're offended, since i'm reaching my tolerance point for nonsense at this job anyway...).
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              I just love seeing how people in Texas respond to, what to me, is a nice, pleasant day. I was at a friend's apartment, walking the dog, cause he was at work. Watched someone in the parking lot, dressed up in a heavy coat and snow stuffs, and here I am, walking around in shorts and a T-shirt. It's NOT that freaking cold, lady.
              I am the same way. here in wiconsin when the temp starts to fall (to a daily high of about 55 and a night time low of 45) around the end of Oct or Nov I get people ALL the time saying how coooooooollllllllld it is. Hell I am still running iaround outside in shorts and a tee and sandals until mid January and even then I get looks when I only wear a sweat jacket when I am out and about.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Heat I can tolerate. I despise humidity, though.
                Same here. I know it's a saying that people laugh at and don't believe, but it does make a difference when it's a dry heat. With a dry heat, you sweat, it evaporates, and cools you off. Where it's humid, where the hell's the moisture gonna go? Over 100F with about 5% humidity I can handle it. Go anywhere over about 20%, and I start having problems. Right now, though, we've got about 50%, but it's only 75F and I'm thinking of looking for a sweater!

Honestly, I prefer the heat. You can always take off enough to get cool, you can't put on enough to get warm!

Jadedcarguy, I get the same thing, but usually accompanied with a dirty look. I come from a long line of naturally slim (I don't like to use the word "thin" as I do have curves) people. For some reason, that makes me fair game for all kinds of rude comments about my size.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

And this is why I'm part of the always be prepared brigade. I bring hoodies/jackets with me everywhere (I have one on my desk chair at work, and keep at least one in my car, just in case). You never know when you'll get cold somewhere that you have no control over the temp, and given that in response to summer heat, places are dropping temps with A/C to ridiculous lows, it only makes sense....oh. Right. I forgot...if it makes sense, it's not allowed. My bad.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    Honestly, I prefer the heat. You can always take off enough to get cool, you can't put on enough to get warm!
                    And again we have another example of personal differences. I can always put on another shirt or sweater on the rare occasion I actually get cold, but society frowns on a guy walking around naked outside, and I'm still too bloody hot at that point too. And I can't take off my skin, I've tried.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I'm with BroomJockey on that point too. I'm perfectly content to throw on a hoodie, or curl up under a blanket, but I hate having to basically strip down just to try to cool off, and I don't love sweating.

This is why I actually keep my air up pretty high in the summer--I sleep better when it's cold and I can be under the covers.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                      X