Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your credit card/bank card or debit card are not your ID.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your credit card/bank card or debit card are not your ID.

It's people like this that make me glad I don't work with the public. Sheesh.

Woman in front of me yesterday was trying to buy smokes. Okay, the law here is that if you don't LOOK over 18, they must card you. Thats right, you must provide ID. Long story short, woman tries to offer several master cards, visas, bank cards, and other similar junk. There was a placemat on the counter saying it must be photo ID.

I know you need 100 points of ID to open a bank account here, but come on...
    MMO Addicts group

I get the same crap at my job. They will cash a check for like 400 and they will send ONLY thier debit card. How do i know you didn't steal that card?

Comment

I've seen people freak out and refuse to shop at certain stores, just because your credit card with your picture on it does not count as a valid id.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

People throw all kinds of things at me when they need to cash a check, including credit cards. The thing is, I need to put your license number into the computer! Meaning I need a driver's license, state ID, or military ID.

"Then what am I supposed to do?"

How about use that credit card to pay for it and go away!

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
          your credit card with your picture on it does not count as a valid id.
          You signed the back of the card 'see ID', ma'am."
          "You see the picture on the front?"
          "Yes..."
          "Is that not valid ID?"
          "Not if you wrote 'see ID' on the back, no, I have no way from this to tell for absolute certain that this is you. Halloween is coming up, and latex technology has gotten very impressive, believe it or not."
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
          X