This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get this for me?

So today I had a local wannabe geek regular pain in the ass type at one of my demo systems looking for prices on **** piece of hardware online.

Numb nuts of course finds an obscure shop online that sells it for wayyyyy below my cost....

Cue the fun.

NN: Hey! I found what I want!!

Me: Good for you. Here's a cookie.

NN: This online site has it for $XX.XX amount with shipping included.

Me: Mhmmmm............

*crickets*

NN: Can you get that for me here at that price?

Me: Nope *More crickets*

NN: WELL CAN YOU HELP ME GET IT?

ME: Surely...

I walk over to the computer, look at the web site, reach for the mouse past him & click the "buy me now" icon.

Me: There you go. My that was easy....Anything else today?

NN: *Sputters & gets his panties in a knot* THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!

Me: Ohhhh? Then what would you like?

NN: I WHHHANT IT AT THAT PRICE!!

Me: Well then. Just fill in the part there that says "Payment method" and you shall get what you ask for.

NN: But I want you to get it for me for that price.

Me: And I have already stated that we cannot get it for you at that price. Do not pass go. No $200.... Sorry

NN: But....But...But

Me: Sorry, It's much cheaper than the I price I can get for you. I have completed your request today. Have a nice day.

Of course our loser for the day knuckled down & bought it from us....Sometimes it just sooo easy. But even more fun to do it in front of other customers.

It kind of "keeps them in line". I think of it as grooming.
    Last edited by Mr. Rude; 09-09-2007, 06:49 PM. Reason: syntax
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

You're delightly evil AND helpful.

May I keep you?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

But of course he wanted you to give it to him for the online price so he wouldn't have to 1) pay the additional shipping/handling charge and 2) he could have it TODAY.

Embarrassing when grown people act like s
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ahh, the price matching philosophy instilled by the big box stores. Where it's better to take a loss than let someone else have some business. So nice shoving that where the sun don't shine. If there's something you don't like about the other place, pay my price; you don't like my price, buy it there.

to you for your exceptional performance.
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
        Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

I never understood this when I worked at Kroger and Circuit Shitty. "Wal-Mart/Best Buy has this for $XX.XX!" And rather than buying it there, you came over here to tell me that and want me to do something about it?

Especially when it was a like item that was made by a brand I didn't carry. "They have (BRAND) that's less than yours!" *shrug* I don't carry that.

Or when they drove in from out of town just to announce to me that some website out of Korea has it for $XX.XX. Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind if I want to buy one.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

i have price matched but it was this- i had a large numbers of things to buy for two house hold. everything i need was at store A at a price I can handle and one item (soda) was on sale at store B for 30cents less. So i asked real quick if they would match the price ( i was willing to go to the other store, for everything actually i could do it, i just rather had shopped one place [i needed one thing i could only get there-my script] ) and they did it.

Comment

Working...
            X