X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?!%$#@ What is the matter with you?!

People are nasty.

I should reiterate that I work in the fitting room for the good ole Bullseye, and as such have put up with some peoples' nasty stuff before. However, this one tops the cake. This happened around the biginning of bathing suit season, and I'm completely disgusted it's happened twice now.

A mom and her teenage daughter want to try on some two pieces, so I hand them their respective numbers and they go in and try on the stuff. On their way back out, the teen drops a pair of bottom on top of my desk and walks off with her mom. Doesn't say anything to me, just walks off. No biggie, lots of people do that. It's really busy so I let them set there for a bit while I try and hang a few other things up. Well, probably after about 30-45 minutes later I pick up the bottoms and reach in to grap the tag to see what size they are and then totally fliped. There was blood all over the panty liner and the tag! I dropped the thing like it was a hot potato while uttering a few choice words and reached for the hand sanitizer on my desk. Called security, they came and got it with a trash bag, and then sent me to go scrub my hands wich I was all too happy to do.

Sadly this happened again last night except this time I didn't get anything on my hands and it was some plus sized bathing suit bottoms.

Now really, what the hell is the matter with people like that!
    "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

EWWWW.

I don't even try on pants during that time of the month, let alone stuff like underwear or bathing suits. ...why WOULD you?? The damn bloating alone would throw off the fit, even regardless of the sanitary issues...
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Jeez.
      Doesn't it even usually say on the tag, or a sign somewhere in the dressing room to leave your underwear on when you try on the stuff?
      I'm sorry, I guess I'm assuming SCs can read. My bad.

Still - how could you not want to leave your underwear on anyway?? Who knows what cooties other people have!?

Comment

AUGH!

Don't bathing suit liners actually SAY "keep your skivvies on?" (well, maybe not exactly, but . . .)

Sick! Good thing you had sanitizer there!
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Oh my god. What the hell is wrong with people to make them want to do sh*t like that?!?!

Comment

Ew!! Icky, icky, icky! Okay, maybe if you're bleeding really heavy, it could go through the pad or tampon and through your underwear in the few minutes it takes to try something on. But even then (and that's giving the customer a pretty substantial "benefit of the doubt"), the decent person's response is to take it up to a staff person and explain that, of course, you'll be paying for the suit you ruined. Far more likely is that people just try things on without underwear.

How dirty can you possibly be to hand someone something that you've bled on? Gah!

Comment

Quoth doofusmongerbeep View Post
              Jeez.
              Doesn't it even usually say on the tag, or a sign somewhere in the dressing room to leave your underwear on when you try on the stuff?
              I'm sorry, I guess I'm assuming SCs can read. My bad.

Still - how could you not want to leave your underwear on anyway?? Who knows what cooties other people have!?
              In Wisconsin, it is state law that you must wear underwear when trying on bathing suits. Or at least that's what all the signs in the department say.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

i've seen that law, regarding wearing underwear, in every state i've been in, and that's more than a few.

god, that is SOOO nasty; wtf possessed this kid (and mom for allowing it) to do something like this, then walk away as if nothing happened?

people like that...*head explodes*
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Don't your bathing suits have those little plastic shields in the crotch to prevent this very same occurrence? I've bought bathing suits all over the world (except in Japan where they NEVER have my size), and i have never seen a bathing suit for sale without one of those little plastic thingies on.
                  A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                  - Dave Barry

Comment

OMG!!! People are sooo disgusting!

At my second (warehouse) job, one of the departments I work in is Returns, where we 'reconditon' clothing that has been tried on - we make sure it's not stained or damaged, run the lint roller over it, then repackage it to go back out to a lucky customer. The worst things to recondition are bathing suits and underwear. I try my hardest not to get stuck doing them. The worst part about bathing suits is removing the old 'crotch liner' and putting in a new one. They don't have sanitizer available in Returns either, so I bought a big bottle of it for myself.

This is what I've personally handled - a girdle with a big yellow stain in the crotch; a bra that reeked of b.o. and had weird orange stains on it; and a bikini bottom with dried white stuff on the crotch. It was after that when I started refusing to recondition underwear and bathing suits. Of course, I try not to work in Returns at all if I can help it!
                    It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

nasty... nasty... nasty. This is why I Never buy underwear or swimsuits from thrift stores. I'm not taking any chances on biological stains that aren't mine!!
                      Last edited by Cyanocobalamin; 08-09-2006, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Who in their right mind, would buy underwear at a thrift store? That is just plain gross. Who would donate it in the first place?

Someone must be since there are hangers of underwear at my local thrift store.

Comment

Quoth gypsywitch84 View Post
                          Who in their right mind, would buy underwear at a thrift store? That is just plain gross. Who would donate it in the first place?

Someone must be since there are hangers of underwear at my local thrift store.
                          how can that even be LEGAL!?!?!?
                          DILLIGAF

Comment

I have no idea how that is legal. Mostly its just bras but I have seen bottom pieces too.

Comment

Quoth Zinjadu View Post
                              OMG!!! People are sooo disgusting!

At my second (warehouse) job, one of the departments I work in is Returns, where we 'reconditon' clothing that has been tried on - we make sure it's not stained or damaged, run the lint roller over it, then repackage it to go back out to a lucky customer. The worst things to recondition are bathing suits and underwear. I try my hardest not to get stuck doing them. The worst part about bathing suits is removing the old 'crotch liner' and putting in a new one. They don't have sanitizer available in Returns either, so I bought a big bottle of it for myself.

This is what I've personally handled - a girdle with a big yellow stain in the crotch; a bra that reeked of b.o. and had weird orange stains on it; and a bikini bottom with dried white stuff on the crotch. It was after that when I started refusing to recondition underwear and bathing suits. Of course, I try not to work in Returns at all if I can help it!
                              All I have to say to that is
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X