This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Teasing Our Customers

A customer downloaded a freeware program from our site. The program had some artifacts from our paid software in the File/Open drop down menu. The paid software opens and processes quite a few document types and the freeware will only open a single file type which the customer has created himself. By oversight on the part of our programmers, the File/Open drop down menu lists all the file types in the freeware.

Frankly, it's not a big priority to fix it because the freeware works just fine for its intended purpose and, well, it's freeware. The software used by our paying customers is higher in our to-do list.

Every now and then someone will notice the artifact in the freeware and politely report it. I'll politely thank them and tell them that we plan to fix it, but it won't be soon.

I guess that's not acceptable in Perfectville, though. Yesterday I got a sarcastic email from a "customer" who had downloaded the freeware. I won't paste the whole thing here, but two of my favorite lines were:

"Are[list of file types] available or are you just being cute?"

and

"Is [your paid product] flakey [sic] like this?"

I have to admit, in my reply, I very "cutely" missed his point pretended that he was expressing concern on our company's behalf. I thanked him for letting us know and reassured him that our paid product worked just fine; I even told him I tested it again myself just to be sure. Since he was soooo worried about it, ya know?

Then I told him how nice it was for him to take the time to write to us and report the issue, since most people wouldn't bother.

It will either sail right over his head or piss him off even more.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Quoth Dips View Post
    It will either sail right over his head or piss him off even more.
    Probably both!! lol It will sail over his head and later he will be thinking about it and get mad
    "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

Working...
    X