Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never wear dress shoes, especially since I'm on my feet all day and I need comfy sneakers to wear. When I do need a pair of dress shoes, I go down to the discount shoe place, especially since I'm a woman and I wear an 11 wide and discount shoe places almost always have something I can live with. I just don't see the sense in paying top dollar for a pair of shoes that I'm rarely, if ever, going to wear.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
      The most comfortable shoe in the world is either: barefeet or slippers, depending on whether you're willing to venture outside.
      For you, maybe, but not for me.

I limp when I'm barefoot, and slippers don't offer arch support.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I limp when I'm barefoot, and slippers don't offer arch support.
        Same here. I feel weird walking around barefoot (I also have ugly feet, so there's self-concious issues) and I can't walk properly in slippers.

For me, it's my sneakers (I love my 'Roos) or certain types of sandals.
        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
          For me, it's my sneakers (I love my 'Roos) or certain types of sandals.
          Socks...not for long, though...

Most often either my sneakers or my work shoes/boots.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            I used to love my Nikes for comfort. But they seem to have stopped putting in decent arch support. What the heck?

But, yeah, they're not exactly "dressy" enough for a wedding.

I've been in a wedding party once, and for the service, we had flats, and for the reception, we all wore different tennis shoes with different colored laces. It was fun.

^-.-^
            I used to always get Nikes and this last year I am having no luck finding sneakers. It took me forever to find the Rykas I have right now, and they are getting old. I think I might have to go to a specialty store where they actually know how to find the right shoes.

When I was in my friend's wedding, she had us get about an inch-high heel...from Payless! 7 bucks, baby! And another friend's sister wore Keds for her wedding (ceremony and all) that were embroidered to match her dress by a woman at her church.

When I was a kid I had really narrow feet, and my mom would drive me half an hour to a certain shoe store because she trusted the guy there to not try to sell us something that didn't really fit me properly. Now I much prefer bare feet or socks if it's cold. If I'm not outside I'm usually not wearing shoes.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X