This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step AWAY from the charity box...

So this lady comes into the shop with two lil boys, very cute looking kids, can't've been more than about 9 and 10 respectively. She wanders around for a lil while then comes to the counter and starts asking about local walking maps and kids activities, she's very polite, lovely to deal with, I show her the relevant sections, help her out a bit, all is well.

I'm aware that the kids are giggling and just messing about behind us as I'm helping her, I don't think anything of it, it's the summer holidays, there's an awful lot of sugared up lil ones out there at the moment!

I JUST got to the activity books and I hear my manager using her "teacher" voice and figure the kids are starting to get out of hand. Usually, when they hear one of us say something to their kids, the parent will look up and deal with it, this woman didn't even blink and just carried on asking me about the books! Um..helloo?! Your children are being told to stop doing something by a total stranger and you don't even wanna know what they're up to ?!

I carry on answering her questions and kinda cast a look at the desk where my manager is, trying to find out what's going on. And then I see why she's losing her temper...cos these two kids have the two chairty boxes we keep on the counter upside and are attempting to tip the cash out!!! Not content with that, and the fact that my manager is literally slapping their hands away and telling them in no uncertain terms to stop it at once, they then grab the tins and run...and that's when it got funny...cos the tins are on long chains...they got about 3 feet before the chain tightens and they smack into eachother and bounce back to the desk on the recoil

The mother FINALLY notices what's going on and just wanders back to the counter where my manager is now full on telling them to get out RIGHT NOW before she calls security, the mother's only response?

"oh you know what boys are like."

Grrr !

That's where you put on YOUR teacher voice and say coldly, "No, that's what badly-behaved children are like. Put those boxes down at once, boys". Honestly, what a repellent woman.
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

my gf wants to have kids someday and shes going to let them do whatever they want. said so herself.
      God help me if they are also my kids, and i cant get them to act right because of her.
      http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
      Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Symposes, why would you have kids with someone whose ideas on child-rearing are so different to your own? Its a sure way to wreck a marriage.
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

I was going to say that very thing. It won't be "her fault."

Comment

Geez, It's hard to say which is worse, the mom reacting as she did, or reacting angrily at your Manager for disciplining her "little Angels " ( ),
            and raising a stink that they may have gotten hurt because of the chains on the tins!
            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Lulu View Post
              "oh you know what boys are like."
              "Yes, but that is what thieves are like! Now leave before you are charged for their attempted theft!"
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                "Yes, but that is what thieves are like! Now leave before you are charged for their attempted theft!"
                I was JUST going to say something like that!!!!!!!!

Honestly...if/when I have children, they are going to behave and like it, or be sold to the Amish.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X