X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nappies

One of my pet peeves on the planes used to be nappies:

Parents changing baby on the seat back table....ewwwww.
    Parents leaving used nappies under the seat when they got off the plane.
    Parents leaving dirty nappies on the galley work surfaces...WHERE FOOD IS PREPARED.
    Parents handing used nappies to me!

I can handle dirty tissues...I either used to get the passenger to put it in a sick bag first or I would use gloves. I, along with most other flight attendants, developed a real phobia to bodily fluids!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Christ! I carry a bunch of plastic bags in the diaper bag. If I was going to hand it off to be thrown out, you can be damned sure I'd bag it first! (2 or 3 if it was stinky )

(I also carry a small pack of those bleach wipes in case I need to use a "shared" surface. )
    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

A helpful tip to all parents or expecting parents. Those plastic bags from the grocery stores work great as poopy diaper storage bags. Just double tie it maybe toss the bag in a second bag and tie again and you're set. I've never left a turd bomb for any unsuspecting person to deal with ever. Thats just plain nasty, gross, wrong, and fucktarded to do. Hmm so now fucktard can be a verb or a noun....interesting.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I agree. It's so simple to dispose of things properly, what is the deal? Why foist your unpleasant refuse onto others? ugh.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I do have an honest question (not meant to be snarky or confrontational), just because I have only flown once with my oldest, and he slept the whole way, and never had a diaper issue, but where do you want people to change the diapers if it cannot wait? I agree not on the fold-down trays, but I don't recall seeing any kind of changing table or any stable surface to do so?
          "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

I believe most planes have changing units in the lavatories, mine certainly did!
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I sympathize.

I once had a table of customers who had won the White Trash Couple of the Year award, and they changed their baby's diaper ON THE TABLE after I had pre-bussed their table and then proceeded to leave the dirty diaper as my TIP!

Sick, sick, sick digusting trashy people.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                Thats just plain nasty, gross, wrong, and fucktarded to do. Hmm so now fucktard can be a verb or a noun....interesting.
                [pedant]
                Actually, you've used it as an adjective...
                [/pedant]

But, yeah, that's decidedly fucktarded to leave a dirty diaper anywhere that isn't a proper disposal point.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  they changed their baby's diaper ON THE TABLE after I had pre-bussed their table and then proceeded to leave the dirty diaper as my TIP!
                  Too classy for words, I tell ya.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X