This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your getting me fired? Get in line.

So, lady buys gets a bunch of crap food, and hands me her food stamp card. Before it is even scanned, her boyfriend is cramming chips and cookies down his gullet. Card says invalid pin. I tell her to put it in again. She puts in random number and tries to walk off. I tell her to wait. (Firm voice, they're already acting suspecious). She tells me its going to clear. Guess what? Invalid pin. I tell her to put it in again. She gives me her card, saying I MUST have scanned it wrong. I scan it agian, and this time hold on to the card. Once again, INVALID pin. She's getting pissy because I'm holding her card. I tell her to put in her pin correctly then. Once again, INVALID Pin. Now, when you can't put in your four digit code corectly within the first few times, it locks up, because well, it seems stolen. She gets angry, and SHOVES her stuff over the counter, demanding her card back. I tell her that i'm going to keep it til they pay for all the crap they just shoved the down their stomachs. She tells me she just used it, that my machine is wrong, and that I am STEALING her food stamps. I shrug. "Not really, I just want you to pay for what you eat". Her boyfriend shoves a ten at me, which barely covers it, and they storm out, (With their EBT card). She also told me that I WILL be fired for messing up her food stamp card and stealing their food.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

You got to love people like that. Atleast the boyfriend paid without much trouble? Sigh.. people.
    Happily free of Kwik Trip!

Comment

I hate the Food Stamp card. I'm fine with WIC because it only let's you buy items you actually need not crap you don't.

Comment

it doesn't just freeze up at your store, the account gets locked so the card should come up as invalid no matter what they do now.
        DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Nick View Post
          You got to love people like that. Atleast the boyfriend paid without much trouble? Sigh.. people.
          Seems to me like they knew that was going to happen.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            I hate the Food Stamp card. I'm fine with WIC because it only let's you buy items you actually need not crap you don't.
            Now, you see, this is something I just can't agree with. There are people besides "The Poor" that qualify for EBT cards... such as those with permanent disabilities. Is it really fair to complicate their ability to help carry their own weight, financially, among those they might happen to be depending on by limiting them from buying "Crap they don't need" just because you think its wrong their chosen biomass has nacho-flavored orange powder sprinkled on it?
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I love how you're "stealing" their food stamps when the card didn't even go through. Like they paid and you kept their food too.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This isn't really the point of the post, but I hate it when people start eating food in a store before they pay for it.
                It's STEALING.
                And I'm willing to bet that most of the stuff that gets consumed while the person is still shopping never gets paid for.

But that's just me.
                ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
                  it doesn't just freeze up at your store, the account gets locked so the card should come up as invalid no matter what they do now.
                  lol oh joy for the poor foodstamps people she will scream at. that is if it isnt stolen.
                  Sounds like she stole it, or if she young shes using her moms and she changed the pin

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
                    This isn't really the point of the post, but I hate it when people start eating food in a store before they pay for it.
                    It's STEALING.
                    And I'm willing to bet that most of the stuff that gets consumed while the person is still shopping never gets paid for.

But that's just me.
                    I believe the correct legal term is "theft by consumption."

I think it's 5 tries for the PIN on the pinpad before the card locks out and cannot be used until after midnight the next day.

Either way, that couple knew the card was stolen and thought they could pull a fast one, then girl pitched a fit when she realized it wasn't going to work.

Either way you cut it, thieves aren't very smart. And that's good for us.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It's not THEIR food till they PAY for it. That's how THAT works....lol.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                        It's not THEIR food till they PAY for it. That's how THAT works....lol.
                        But you're forgetting the cardinal rule of the SC:

NOTHING is ever their fault . . .it's everyone else's.

So, in their minds, by leaving the stuff there including the empty packaging of the stuff they'd already eaten, they didn't have to pay for any of it b/c the card didn't go through.

Silly goose.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X