Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wicked Witch of the Mid-West (Looooong but funny)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dragonflygrrl View Post
    I'm gonna have to use that as a sig, with your permission of course!
    Be my guest. I'm flattered!
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I once dropped the rubbishy brick phone that I used to have in a puddle... and the damn thing still wouldn't die! I take it water damage is only a problem to expensive phones?
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        I once dropped the rubbishy brick phone that I used to have in a puddle... and the damn thing still wouldn't die! I take it water damage is only a problem to expensive phones?
        It depends. How badly the phone was exposed, what parts were effected, etc. And sometimes, it takes a while for the phone to start acting up. Obviously, if you drop it in a pool and leave it there for a while, phone's probably toast. But if it only got a little rain or something on it, it may still work for a while before starting to show signs of damage, or it may never act up. Liquid does tricky things to phones!
        I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Quoth Myra View Post
          It depends. How badly the phone was exposed, what parts were effected, etc. And sometimes, it takes a while for the phone to start acting up. Obviously, if you drop it in a pool and leave it there for a while, phone's probably toast. But if it only got a little rain or something on it, it may still work for a while before starting to show signs of damage, or it may never act up. Liquid does tricky things to phones!
          And running it through the washing machine in your coat pocket means it's toast.

Ooops.

Comment

I used to get calls like this all the time. I was always very good at keeping my composure when talking to crazy, nutty customers. I was also very gratefull when the LDI indicators came out, it saved alot of time. I woudl have to explain to a lot of customers that liquid damage doesn't mean that they dropped it in water.

I remember once talking to a customer who was on there cell phone, they dropped it in the deepfryer. The phone didn't shut off rightaway. I always wanted to know what boiling oil sounded like up close.

The worst thing you can do is argue with me about something you have no knowledge about. I've had some customers argue themselves out of a new phone. I have 5 kids at home, I don't want to talk to one on the phone at work. I have been yelled at for talking to customers as though they were children. When you start talking to me like a 5 year old having a temper tantrum you are going to get scolded.

The one thing that used to amaze me is that I used to get cussed out by church people. I had a reverend do this before. I once asked the man if he was a man of God, then he need to curb the language.

I have been told that I should work for the government because I am so hard. When I make a decision I stick with it. I have also been told that I should work the 911 crises relief line cause I am so calm and I listen.

I have been told once that I need to get laid because I told the customer no. (I love you too )
            Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Crazyredhead View Post
              The one thing that used to amaze me is that I used to get cussed out by church people.
              A devout coworker nicely asked one of our loud, more casual employees to tone down her swearing as it was especially thick one afternoon, and they got into a mild argument.

I certainly had no problem with this, irreverent as I am. On the other hand, I usually don't care for risque humour; so imagine my disdain at a later date when Church Lady asked me (male) through giggles what my shoe size was.
              I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Working...
              X