This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
    No, it's an electrical system whereby when someone pushes the Big Red Button O' Joy outside, it makes every phone in the pharmacy start ringing very loudly.
    Well, all then all it takes is one quick visit to Radio Shack. Pick up a switch and install that switch on that damn bell And turn it off when at the desk
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      The customer service desk at work used to have a bell. It doesn't anymore. When I'm there for legitimate work business, and there's no customers at the counter, I'll say, "Ding ding!" and wait for a coworker to appear from the back room.
      :giggling: I like quoting myself. Anyhoo...

Last night, I had to go up to the CS desk and do that for a customer. Although I didn't think of it at the time, from what I heard later, they were trying to avoid the customer in question...
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I worked at family dollar (I know what was i thinking?!) we had one of those bells that you tapped if we were stocking or something so we could know if someone was ready to check out.

I put a HUGE sign on it saying: Please tap for service. Well, when I did go up there adults would tap it repeatedly thinking it was the FUNNIEST thing in the world and then also when I was at the register ringing up their items...

And if I put the bell out of their reach their bratty kids would go to it and get it again! Made me mad when they would go in my space just to tap the damn thing!!!

Comment

I would love to know what corporate jackass, who most likely never set foot in any of the restaurants or actually deals with the public at all, decided to put those bells up at Arby's. You're supposed to "Ring the bell if we did a good job", or something like that.

I'm sitting there trying to eat, and people walk out and yank the crap out of those things as they go. It gets on my nerves, and I'm sure it's a thousand times worse for the people who work there. They always say "Thank you", which I'm sure is out of obligation more than anything, because they always have this annoyed and/or weary tone in their voices when the say it. I bet if I walked up and yanked the thing off the wall completely, they'd REALLY say thank you then.

At one point, the clappers were mysteriously missing from the bells, but that didn't last. No doubt the suits got word of it and raised holy hell about it. I'd like to see them last just one day with those damn noisy bells going constantly.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
          X