This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tigress View Post
    Count me as a permanent resident in the "touching = ride in a police car" camp. The second someone grabs my arm and I don't want them to, I immediately give them my "drill sargeant" bark to let me go. Now. And a warning that touching me again will earn them said ride.
    When I was about 16 years old, I worked as a bagger at the local Publix. We had this manager who would grab any bagger to go to the nearest register, and one day, this guy did just that to me. Being 16 at the time, it did not occur to me that I could have said something, but it probably would have gotten me fired. Now, almost twenty years later, hopefully this guy, if he is still with Publix, knows better.

Comment

I think you meant "bouquet" not "boutique". I think.
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Not a big fan of being touched or grabbed unless it's someone I know and I know well. I tend to turn very mean if someone touches me.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I had a customer grab my arm to try to get may attention. A quick pull to get away and walk to the phone to page "MOD pleas dial XXX, immidealtey" made the SC run away pretty quick, but not leave the store. LP had a little chat with them and they haven't been back.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
            I wouldn't last two hours as a waitress. Both those people would be wearing their food.

This is exactly why I lasted about two weeks at the bar I worked at. Clientele were far too skeezy, and I had no patience for that crap. They also were commonly too drunk to listen to reason.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
              They also were commonly too drunk to listen to reason.
              You can't reason with the deliberately stupid anyway. It's like trying to take down a concrete wall by beating your head against it; all you'll gain is a major headache. And when you figure in deliberately stupid customer + alcohol = extreme SC and excruciating headache for the server.

Back OT, had that old crab grabbed me, I might have yelled "Get your hands off me!" at the top of my rather formidable voice. If that didn't shock him into realizing his behavior was wrong, the startled looks from the rest of the restaurant and the coworkers running to my rescue should!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Um, remember, back in his day, women were to be seen and not heard. The only noises that could be made were the vacuum cleaner and her washing the dishes and tending the children.

I hate old abusive assholes. If this guy wanted a real trip back to the 50s, I would have been more than happy to knock him back into the 50s.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                X