This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is so typical.

Another thread reminded me of this story. What an idiot.

Chick come into Kinko's looking for her order. We filed them by name. I asked her what name she had the order filed under. She told me her name (she was a file clerk or something.). Looked under her first name. Looked under her last name. No dice. Not in system. Asked her for the name of her business. She insisted it was under her name.

Me: This is for your work, right?
    SC: Yeah, but I placed the order under my own name.
    Me: Well, it's not listed under your name. What's the name of your company?
    SC: Doesn't matter, it's under my name.
    Me: Ma'am, I've had three people look twice. It's not under your name. Could you just humor me, here? What's the name of your business?
    Me: It's under my name! What is taking you so long to find it?

Let's digest this a bit. Wouldn't any reasonable person be willing to go ,"Oh, what the hell? How hard would it be to give this woman my business name? Heck, it MIGHT help her find my order, and I can get my stuff and be on my way." But no, that would take a least a rudimentary brain stem, like, say, what a primitive fish or insect might have.

The chick never did give me her business name. She told me what the order consisted of, and several people STOPPED WHAT THEY WERE DOING to help me tear the store apart looking for this dumbass's order. They found it after about 10 or 15 minutes.

Can you guess what name it was under, boys and girls? Say it with me, now.

I held up the envelope in her face and said, kind of loudly so that all the people behind her in line could hear, the name of her business. Then I slapped the envelope down on the counter in front of her.

I don't know what band of angels and guardian spirits held onto my arm and kept me from whacking her in the head with her order. I was pissed.

Did she apologize? Any of you betting men?

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    Wouldn't any reasonable person be willing to go ,"Oh, what the hell? How hard would it be to give this woman my business name? Heck, it MIGHT help her find my order, and I can get my stuff and be on my way."

I must be a reasonable person, because in such a situation, I would start thinking of what other possible names it could be filed under.

What an idiot. Who let her outside without supervision?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

did you ever consider maybe informing HER boss about her behaviour

if shes picking up something for the business, then isnt she representing the business? so by her being rude and refusing to help you... how does that reflect on her employer?
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I remember we DID tell someone's employer not to send their gopher down there to place or pick up orders, but I am pretty sure it wasn't this particular gopher's employer. I seem to remember someone coming down there acting even worse than this person, but honestly, I don't remember the particulars.

Comment

Why wouldn't she tell you her place of employment though? Was she embarrassed to tell you where she worked?

Maybe she forgot what it was!

"You know, it's that place. . . with the building? Come on, you're telling me you don't know? It's just down the street!"
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I'm betting no. In fact, I'm betting she used her mysterious superpower -- SC Logic Twist -- to come to a firm and unmovable conclusion that it was your fault.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
              Why wouldn't she tell you her place of employment though?
              Maybe it was Valerie Plame, the CIA agent whom Cheney et al. have been accused of outing, when it was actually you who announced her position?
              I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

I know! It's not like she worked at "Moaning Mona's Whorehouse and Boil-Lancers Emporium" or anything like that. I don't even remember who she worked for. No, she was just so convinced that the problem was with us, and that she couldn't POSSIBLY be wrong, so there was no need to entertain the idea it might have been filed under any other name besides "Miss Complete and Utter Moron."

Comment

Not when it practically screams "sucker bet".
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                  X