X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's ridiculous! (rant)

[rant]

Covering the service desk today (joy) I had a woman ask if she could return a Staples brand ink catridge that she no longer needed because the printer she bought it for bought the farm. Of course, she had no receipt for it. Also, the item has been long since discontinued, and the current clearance price for it was $1.50.

Which means that all I can do is give her a store credit for $1.50.

Woman: You're KIDDING!

Me: Without a receipt, that's all I can give you, ma'am, I'm sorry.

Woman: Well I paid a lot more than THAT for it!

Me: But without a RECEIPT to show that, I can't give you more than $1.50.

Woman: Well then I'll take it back. That's ridiculous.

I swear, I want to give the next person who pulls this line of reasoning a lecture about why it is NOT ridiculous, and why in fact THEY are being ridiculous. (of course, doing so would liklely cost me my job, but I can still dream, can't I?)

"Actually, ma'am, that's perfectly reasonable. You have no proof of the price you paid. Policy demands that I can only give you the lowest price - store credit only - without said proof. This policy is place to prevent FRAUD. What's "ridiculous" is you expecting that - based solely on your word - that we will just give you more than what the item is currently worth without any sort of proof. Do you honestly believe that's reasonable? Do you? DO YOU? Really? You do? You mean to tell me that you think that's a smart financial decision?" Yadda yadda yadda......

Why the hell can't people LISTEN to what comes out of their mouths?

[/Rant]
    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-12-2007, 03:27 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    [rant]

Why the hell can't people LISTEN to what comes out of their mouths?

[/Rant]
    Because most people dont operate on a positive feedback loop system. (and they're imbeciles, hence the existance of this site )

Stay Safe
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
    X