This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst phone use I've seen yet.

We all know that people who use their phones in stores need to be fatally shot. Those who use them while you are trying to ring them up need to be fatally shot with BB's (It would take a lot of them for a really long time). Those who do so in a bookstore need something even nastier.

This one takes the cake. I'm sure you are all familiar with those walkie talkie phones that are popular among the hood/trailer park set. Well two girls that had the aura of El Cajon* about them came into the store and went to different sections. One decides to use her phoe to talk to the other while they both are still inside the store!!! This store is only about 1000 ft^2. I went to the nearest one and was so aghast that all I could come out with was "You've got to be kidding.".

SC "What?"

Me "You can't think it is appropriate to use those inside of a bookstore."

SC "You should put up a sign."

At which point they left.

First off, I'm against signs in genera and certain signs should never be necessary. Next thing you know someone will come in with a blaring boom box and claim we should have a sign telling people not to play them.

Secondly, those damned walkie talkie phones are pure evil. Its bad enough hearing one side of an inane conversation. I surely don't need to hear both.

Now, I have a mobile phone. If it rings where it is not appropriate to use it, I either don't answer it or I tell the caller to wait a moment while I move somewhere else. It's not that difficult.

*El Cajon is a suburb of San Diego that is pretty much populated with a bunch of Cletises (Cleti?) and Lurleens.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Could've been worse. Could've been a store the size of a closet...

And you forgot to mention Brandine. (I'm a Simpsons freak.)
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I agree 100%. Those walkie-talkie phones are a nuisance, pure and simple. The beeps they make are annoying, the speakerphones are annoying, and the people who use them everyone are usually annoying. The only reason for them is if they're needed for your business, that's it. Otherwise, they're just annoying.

Comment

Working...
      X