This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    For those of you that end up listening to Christmas music for a month solid, why not see if you can get them to play something like Gary Hoey or Trans Siberian Orchestra for some variety.
    I saw the TSO live last year, very amazing show and I'd suggest seeing them if you can. It's worth it.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 10-15-2007, 03:47 AM.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Oh, I plan to. I'd have seen them last year, but my brother is a soul-sucking leach.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

For those of you that end up listening to Christmas music for a month solid, why not see if you can get them to play something like Gary Hoey or Trans Siberian Orchestra for some variety.
        Huzzah! Another Gary Hoey fan! I swear, no one around here has heard of him, despite almost everyone liking his music when I give them a listen. Hopefully he'll learn to lay off the vocals soon

I would also suggest looking up the Bob and Tom Christmas album for some more, um, non-traditional holiday music.

PS-I like the new avatar, very cute. Reminds me of my second cat.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I strictly adhere to the prinicple of saving Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Of course, that means the day after Thanksgiving I'm gleefully up to my elbows in Christmas albums! Manheim Steamroller has some good ones, especially if you like TSO. Also, my brother introduced me to the Twisted Sister Christmas album last year. The concept sounds odd, but it's well worth a listen! Spike Jones also did a fantastic Christmas album, for those who like a little humor with their Jingle Bells.
          Certifiable Interior Designer
          (Passed the NCIDQ Exam - Summer 2008)

It's hard to shoot zombies with a cat on your lap!

Comment

they are working on putting up the christmas stuff right now in my store. they had some chistmas themed blankets since august (they got them early i guess)

im dreading the christmas music, last year it was only one album, some of it was ok to listen to, but there were a few (one that was made for our store) that was so frigging annoying that i couldnt stand it. unfortunatly for the people that work at our store, the musit is the same nation wide, it even plays at the same time when you are on hold from other stores.

im gonna call the hr main line and call cruel and unusual punishment if they pull that off again this year.
            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
              You can't beat songs like "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" or "Rusty Chevrolet" to put you in the holiday spirit.
              Hehe I can't resist blasting "Christmas At Ground Zero" by Weird Al, or "Merry Fucking Christmas" from South Park
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
                and a Rap version of "Rudolph".
                I deny it! I'm a horrible singer anyway.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  Hehe I can't resist blasting "Christmas At Ground Zero" by Weird Al, or "Merry Fucking Christmas" from South Park
                  There is also 'Where the Fuck are my Presents?' by Letters to Cleo. I'll need some new documentation before distributing it again though..

But, as a Christmas baby, I completely hate Christmas and all it entails. My parents ruined the month of December for me. I refuse to go into stores as the 'Holiday Season' approaches, it looks like I get to avoid things sooner and longer.. hooray for headphones.

Comment

Christmas songs annoy me (although it is always a good season to remember that Slade were quite interesting as a band ) But I stumbled across a recording of I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus recorded by Bif Naked a few years ago... became one of the few xmas songs I could stand... just wish I could find the damn song again!
                    "Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Well, as I said before somewhere else, me and my wife started a Christmas tradition (2005 was our first Christmas together) where we absoultely positively do not start our Christmas decorating until the day baseball playoffs start and not a day earlier.

We both consider Christmas our favorite holiday, so we say if you can't beat the retaliers, join them.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        I deny it! I'm a horrible singer anyway.

Rapscallion
                        I ment "Rap" as in Hip-Hop Rapscalion.
                        $5.00 to hear you sing!
                        Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
                        The following is subject to change:
                        If Your Going Through Hell,
                        Keep Going...

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
                          I ment "Rap" as in Hip-Hop Rapscalion.
                          Really?

$5.00 to hear you sing!
                          Ahem...

"If I said you had a beautiful body, I'd get arrested for stalking..."

Rapscallion

Comment

$5.00 for Rapscalion

*Puts hand in pocket, turns pocket inside out, moths fly out of pocket like in cartoons*
                            Uhm....

I.O.U.
                            Rapscalion
                            $5.00
                            Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
                            The following is subject to change:
                            If Your Going Through Hell,
                            Keep Going...

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                              I saw the TSO live last year, very amazing show and I'd suggest seeing them if you can. It's worth it.
                              Saw them for the first time last year also, 3rd row from the stage, almost dead center.

As for Christmas albums, Dr. Demento has a couple out.

One grocery store I was in last week had their fake trees out and decorated. They had placed a sign there that basically apoligized for having them out early, but wanted their customers who shop early to be able to purchase now.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                                You can't beat songs like "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" or "Rusty Chevrolet" to put you in the holiday spirit.
                                "Grandma" is, quite possibly my favorite one! I kind of tend to the sick Christmas songs like: "There's Something Stuck Up in the Chimney", "Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire", and "Walking 'Round in Womens Underwear" (to the tune of "Winter Wonderland and it only works for guys).

Gary Hoey or Trans Siberian Orchestra for some variety.
                                Quoth Geek King View Post
                                Huzzah! Another Gary Hoey fan! I swear, no one around here has heard of him, despite almost everyone liking his music when I give them a listen.
                                Oh, I know who he is. See, this is what I miss about working at Hasting's with the most awesomest music manager ever! We were always putting in the more "unusual" Christmas music. Like the Twisted Sister one (Glad that you discovered it too, Interior Desecrator!). And I always like the one for "Charlie Brown". Both of Brian Setzers are good, too.

Quoth Interior Desecrator View Post
                                Manheim Steamroller has some good ones, especially if you like TSO.
                                Mannheim Steamroller's got an awesome Halloween album, too!
                                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X