Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just remembered another one from the days at the O'club. We called her horseface.

The woman of this couple had wat my co-worker genny called a horseface. her face always looked like she smelled something distasteful. she just looked mean. They would come in every friday without fail. The poor guy used to come in without her but he met and married her in under a month. He was very sweet and always always always ordered the same thing. it got to the point that you never asked just put in the order when you saw his car pull in. we used to joke a chat with him until horseface arrived. after he met and married him we were not to speak to him directly or look at him. She would get highly offended. and acted like we were some hussies trying to steal her prize of a man. What she dident understand is 1. he was in his 50's and I was 21 and Genny was 20. and 2. He was sooo not attractive. she was in no danger of losing him to us. he saw us like daughters. (which he had daughters older than we were).
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

The way I label my customers is the kind of coffee they get. Haha.

Large French Vanilla Coffee Guy- Always orders a large french vanilla coffee and he acts like a SC but is only playing around with us. Funny guy though.
      Dog Lady- Really nice lady. Usually comes with her cute dog and her cousin, who also has a cute dog.
      "My" Friend- This is an old man. A friend of my family. He prefers me to everyone else. Haha. Everyone calls him my friend.
      Medium Milk no sugar- Yeah he just orders a medium milk no sugar everytime he comes in. He doesn't even have to say his order. We just make it for him immediately and he pays and leaves.
      Three coffee guy- He always orders 3 different coffees. My coworker calls him three coffee guy. When we hang out, we always see him at our local hangout place. Haha.
      Jamoca Shake- She hasn't come in lately but when she does, we all know what she wants. A small jamoca shake.
      Guy with the dog that doesn't leave- This guy has such an adorable dog. When he comes in with his dog, this guy stays in my job for like 10 minutes after he orders something because his dog doesn't want to leave!

That's all I can think of for now.

Comment

I forgot a couple.

53-cent Refill. He is this bald old creepy man who looks at you through thick-rimmed glasses. He uses a personal cup (saves ten cents, good for him). The first time I remember ringing him up, he walked right up to the counter and asked for, and I quote, "a 53-cent refill," in his creepy, old-man-death voice. He was so sketchy, I gave it to him even though he hadn't bought the required first cup which would have warranted the refill. The next time he did it, I said, "I can give you a cup discount, but not a 53-cent refill, since you didn't buy your original cup from this store, I can't charge it as a refill." And he gave me some line about 'not wanting a special discount' and 'just wanting my coffee' even though I knew it was BS. He paid the $1.63 or whatever it was. And I haven't seen his creepy, ancient self since.

Special Snowflake. Nobody else calls him this, and he's one of my customers from my TD's the next town over. He used to get a tall coffee in a personal cup every morning, until one day, when I turned his cup over and found out it was 16 ounces, the next size up. So, like any employee would do, I charged him for what he got, a grande coffee with a cup discount. The guy flips. I explain to him that it's a grande cup of coffee. He says, "I thought you guys knew, I thought you guys were just being cool!" Yeah, okay, Special Snowflake. Everybody has to pay regular price -except you-. I explain that I charged it as a tall because that's what I thought it was. (So, in a way, he's been lying to me this entire time. Oh, and he was a regular, he came in every morning, without fail.) So my boss at this store gave him what he wanted. It was probably at that point that I knew that was the wrong location for me. It's ten cents that I'd rather not be ripping off from my company. And I supposed I could've understood doing it THAT morning, and then every morning after, having him pay the REAL price, but to the best of my knowledge, he still pays the price for a smaller cup. Why, you ask? Because he is a Special Snowflake.

Iced Venti Toffee Nut Latte. This is James. He is maybe the best customer ever. I have never heard him complain, even when I fucked up what he asked me to do on register once. He always gets the same thing. He always has a smile on his face. And, oh yeah, it is a very attractive face. I have a secret girl crush on him. (Him, and Iced Grande Soy White Mocha. And I like IGSWM because he looks geeky to me. <3 I'm a sucker for a DnD player, what can I say...)

There are a few more but they're all actually good. ^.^! Short Bold or Venti with Vanilla, Venti Caramel Macchiato (Billy), a few Chai ladies, a couple (good customers) kids from the nearest prep school. (I think they're Juniors, not sure though.) All in all, I'm pretty lucky at TD's. My boss gets most of the rudeness.

Comment

As I read through some of the nicknames, I just realized that I only created nicknames for the customers I disliked with one or two exceptions. Sometimes, if I don't know them by name, I'll make up a fitting nickname. As a general rule, I dub my sucky customers with nicknames because I don't care enough about them to bother learning their names. I know most of my better customers by name, but there are one or two who suck so horribly that I have come to know them by name.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth TiNAMARBLEx3 View Post
            The way I label my customers is the kind of coffee they get. Haha.
            Dog Lady
            "My" Friend
            Guy with the dog that doesn't leave
            Man, I love those flavors of coffee!
            :P
            *blinks* Is "My" friend coffee hot?
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Got another one...

Mr Potato

I wish there was a funny story about this, but the truth is he's a regular who recently bought one of those potato vans (that sell baked potatoes at fairs etc) and since he got it he's only been seen wearing a T-shirt with "Mr Potato" written on it and/or a nametag identifying him as "Mr Potato Manager"

Comment

Working...
              X