This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ree View Post
    Well, call me crazy, but when we have a sale like that, and it's obvious the customer has only bought the required amount to merit the free one, but hasn't actually picked up the free one, that's when I save myself a whole lot of grief in the end and ask, "Are you buying these for the special? Would you like to get your free one?"
    Problem solved.
    Theres no way I could possibly know every single BOGO sale in the store to do that. You must be super woman!
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Quoth batmoody View Post
      You must be super woman!
      Not really, but thanks for noticing my awesomeness. That's sweet.

I think my store is probably a little more customer service oriented than what you would be used to, and it is set up a little differently.

Items are marked and we have cashier lists so we usually know when sales like that are going on, and what items are on it.
      Also, I care about my job, and really do try to do the best I can, so I skim through the sale flyers and ads and get an idea of what's on sale.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

One thing that always annoyed me about working at Crappy Tire was the way that they printed up the sale for tires-usually, in the flyer, it said that the tires were "Buy on, get one half-off". The flyer would then show you the original price of the first tire, and the sale price of the second tire-in this case, we'll say that the first price is $100, and the second price was $50.

Which is all fine and good, but when the sale price would go into the computer, it would be put in at 25% off-the math works our the same, but it allows people who bought an odd number of tires to get in on the sale. So when I was telling somebody the price of a tire, I would tell them that the price is $75 per tire-to which they would point out the $50 in the flyer (but never the $100 ) and I would have to explain this whole thing to them. Ugh.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Just a quick rant

I know this sounds lame, being that the store I work for is known for its superior customer service, but technically, we are not suppose to tell people stuff like "these eggs are buy one get one free and you only have one. Would you like a second one?" Some BS rule that our DEVIL DISTRICT MANAGER came up with to keep profits higher. But if it's a regular or if I am in a good mood, I let them know.

Comment

Now *that* is shortsighted. Even I know that a happy, returning customer is worth more than the occasional carton of eggs. Unless, of course, all they ever buy is the sale eggs

(Though the customers that expect you to catch every possible way something might save them money do suck. If I notice that your order would be cheaper rung up a different way, say, a Big Mac meal plus the double cheeseburger instead of the other way around, fine, but I can't calculate every possible combination of items on the fly!)

((I was even at work for half a shift before noticing the meal numbers had been changed. Didn't know it was going to happen, and that day there was someone else to take the headset))
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I used to keep track of the weekly and monthly sale fliers when I was on the floor, but I really don't have time to look at them now.

The one that fries me the most is the "Buy one at $2.99, or 2 for $5" stuff. Everyone then expects that if they buy one, it should be $2.50, and get all mad about it and then refuse to buy the item. Meanwhile, I'm thinking that the difference is less than 2 quarters, and if you really wanted the product, that wouldn't be a huge obstacle, but whatever, put it in the pile of go-backs that the assistant managers are supposed to be taking out for me, and don't, so I have to do it myself....sigh....

Comment

Working...
              X