Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your mission...should you choose to accept it...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your mission...should you choose to accept it...

I thought a quote from Mission:Impossible was appropriate for this one. Yep, another story from camp This one involves a dangerous shoplifting incident.

Someone actually *broke into* my store at night But, they didn't go in through the locked front doors, or even the rear access door. Since the building my store was in is also a warehouse (where all the camping crap--tents, stoves, and other goodies are kept), it's usually locked up pretty tight.

So it was a bit of a surprise that a few things were missing the next morning...as well as seeing one of the window screens on the floor. When I left, it was still in the window 'upstairs.' (The building had a high ceiling with windows for ventilation and light.)

Sometime during the night, some asshole found the ladder outside, and climbed onto the roof. From there, he kicked in the screen, and somehow dropped the 8 feet or so down to the counter. After stealing a few items--some cheap flashlights, sodas, and a few candy bars, he then walked out and shut the front door.

I have a feeling it was done at night, since the thief missed my expensive stereo system hidden under the counter, as well as my cd collection.

I was pissed, but at least I didn't get written up for it.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Hehe! I have one better! During the playoffs, three people tried to break into our store. Now the easy way would have been to break the windows out front (which alone is tough) and go out through the warehouse. Instead, they try to cut a hole in our roof! To make matters worse, it was with a drill and cutter!

Now the thing is, our alarm is of a special design, which detects strange noises. A drill through the roof certainly qualifies. So before they had a chance to get the cutter out, the police were there and found them hiding in the ventalation pipe next door!
    Last edited by protege; 08-14-2006, 06:04 PM. Reason: Removed the 'race' reference...it wasn't necessary
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Sometime during the night, some asshole found the ladder outside, and climbed onto the roof. From there, he kicked in the screen, and somehow dropped the 8 feet or so down to the counter. After stealing a few items--some cheap flashlights, sodas, and a few candy bars, he then walked out and shut the front door.
      And you're keeping that ladder inside now, right?
      "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

I didn't even know that the ladder was out there. I sure hope they keep it inside now. Either way, it's not my problem

They *cut* a hole in the roof? Holy crap!
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

A couple of days ago it looks like someone took a crowbar to one of our till drawers in the box office to bust it open to see if there was any cash in it. This means someone had to climb over the counter and glass, go at the drawer with the crowbar, and then climb back over (because the door was still locked the next day) all without alerting any customers and staff if it was while we were still open, or managing to sneak in, or stay hidden, until it was just the night cleaners, and avoid them and the random security patrols from the mall security.

I applaud them for managing the feat undetected. I wanna kick their @$$ for damaging our till drawers. I wanna because they got jack squat for their efforts.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

There was an incident the milkman told us about when he was delivering once. He saw a ladder up against his neighbour's house and someone climbing in. A quick call to the police after checking that the neighbour's car wasn't in the drive, and the boys in blue turned up.

They searched the house, but though there were signs of an entry, there was no criminal to be found. The milkman had thoughtfully removed the ladder...

They went through the house again, only to find nothing.

"Ah, send the dog in," one officer said.

A few sniffs later, the dog was furiously barking up the chimney.

"Come out of there, lad," the copper said.

"Not with that dog there," the guy wailed.

"Come out or we'll let him have the bits he can reach."

Only just remembered that one due to the thread - thanks!

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Hehe! I have one better! During the playoffs, three people tried to break into our store. Now the easy way would have been to break the windows out front (which alone is tough) and go out through the warehouse. Instead, they try to cut a hole in our roof!
              They did the same thing at our place. Cut a hole through the roof, stole a bunch of stuff and skedaddled. The alarm never went off, and since they stayed at the back of the store, nobody saw them through the windows.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Exboss had two stores, and the second one had someone cut a hole through the roof. They apparently couldn't figure out how to open the register, so they took off with the whole thing. Alarm never did go off, but at least he was only out a $300 float.

The same bunch (they eventually caught them, it was three kids) hit the mall twice. There were a number of empty spaces in the mall, so they were breaking into those and cutting through the walls into the stores next door. In at least one case, according to the rumour mill, they missed a bunch of wiring by about three inches when they cut through.

Comment

This actually happened after I stopped working at the gas station, but before I moved to NJ, so I saw this.

OK...Some people break into the gas station through the front door. They steal a ton of cartons of smokey treats and the two cash drawers (each with approx. $100 in cash and change, not including pennies). They also cut the wires to the security cameras. They TRIED to break the sliding door to get to the VCR that held the security tapes, but they couldn't. The sad part about that? They totally missed the key hanging behind the counter that was plainly labled "sliding door".

They weren't caught (as far as I know), and they weren't seen from the street or parking lot, due to the display cases for the smokey treats blocking the windows.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    They *cut* a hole in the roof? Holy crap!
                    correction, they tried to cut a hole in the roof. The drill set off the audio alarm.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                    X