X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Angry Man

Hi Folks!

I work in an office supply store in the electronics department. Please tell me if this guy needs to be locked up.

Okay, here's the situation: a man comes in to "look" for software. He has already had picked out a two-pack of ink catridges in a plastic security box. At the time a software rep is setting the software planogram in the software aisle. The customer asks about some high-end software titles and the prices. I then quote him some prices. The fact that he is very sarcastic about our prices are being higher than a warehouse store's price doesn't bother me. I figured he is just ignorant about the difference in prices between a retail store and a warehouse store. Anyways, I turn to quote another price for him, and I hear a CRASH! I turned and saw him fallen into the rack on the opposite side. According to the software rep setting the plano, she accidently nudged him and he made a pratfall into the rack. We helped him up, and of course apologizing. But he started ranting and raving to the software rep, as if she did this on pupose. That I got a little irked at. But the very fact that this mental midget, who was holding a two-pack of ink in a plastic security box, threw said box at me, saying "I not gonna buy this here, with you people assulting me!" Then he stormed over to the assistant manager. I tried to shrug it off, but I just couldn't stand it anymore. I walked over to the "customer" and the A.M., and said to the "customer": "Sir, that was uncalled for. It was an accident by the rep. Why did you throw that ink at me?" The "customer" keeps denying it, as I kept saying that he did. The A.M. then just sent the "customer" on his way. After a talk with the general manager, he said to chalk it up to someone who we can do without. And that the "customer" out of line, and don't let it get me down.

The very fact that customers are allowed to get away with this kind of behavior makes me sick. We go out of our ways to help them, take their abuse, and get no thanks. All I want from customers is common, simple human respect. I ask for no more, and expect nothing less.

And that is all I have to say about that.

-Bertonator

Quoth Bertonator View Post
    All I want from customers is common, simple human respect.
    You know, working in retail long enough, you almost don't even miss respect...
    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth IhateCrappyTire View Post
      You know, working in retail long enough, you almost don't even miss respect...
      I gave up on respect years ago. The only one whom I expect respect from is myself. The rest of the people I have the misfortune to deal with I only expect abuse, sarcasm, abuse, idoicy, more abuse, and childish behavior.

Makes you weep for the species doesn't it.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Sounds like this guy was trying to get free stuff as an offering for the "way you treated him." He was probably just too shy to steal or say "This is abuse! I demand gift cards!"

Otherwise, I see no reason for his behavior (other than he was just trying to "go out with a bang" (or a boom! ))
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

This guy needs a life and a hobby. Then again so do most SCs that we put up with.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Sounds like he wanted to bitch with a vengence, and maybe end up suing the store for assault, or some such thing.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X