X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No means yes, Or, multiple personality SC

(finishing a transaction)
    Me: Do you want the reciept for that? (some people do, most people don't, some SCs get offended when you give it to them without asking)
    SC: No I don't need that.
    Me: OK, then, that's $X.XX change, have a good day!
    SC: Where's my receipt you bastard?
    Me: (thinks) WTF? You just said you didn't want one, bitch! (speaks) OK, here you go.

Ugh, that's horrible, what is it with customers changing their minds and assuming you can tell that they have without saying anything? Maybe she wasn't listening and thought you'd asked about something else? *shrugs*

At my store the machines always print out receipts but we are supposed to ask whether people want them or not, most people refuse them, it seems like such a waste of ink and paper....

Comment

I've had those conversations before. Not about receipts, but they follow roughly the same pattern.

Me: Is there anything I can help you with today?
      Customer: No, but I do have a question.

Customer: Well, I'm just looking today. I'm not going to buy anything. Can I ask you some questions about X, though?
      Me: Sure (cue 20-minute long conversation about whatever products/services the customer is interested in with about 12 more repetitions of the not-buying-today statement).
      Customer: (Suddenly decides to buy, like, EVERYTHING that he or she asked me questions about or that I mentioned during the conversation. Drops WAY more money than I would have expected.)

Customer: (venomously) I'm just looking, thanks!
      Me: Okay. Let me know if you have any questions while you're looking.
      Customer: (not two minutes later) Hey! Yoo-hoo! Can I get a little help here?
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

I've stopped printing receipts for people unless they ask. We have the world's slowest printer, and about 90% of people walk out of the store without it anyway. And then we end up with a large wastebasket full of receipts at the end of the day.

Most people haven't noticed that I've stopped giving them receipts. (You don't need a receipt for a return at our store - we manufacture our own products, so if its got our label, we know its ours.)

But this one guy flipped out. "Where's my receipt? How do I know you're legitimate without a receipt?!" So I printed him a receipt. No big deal.

Then he glares at me for a few minutes all suspicious-like while I'm serving the next customer. I guess he then determined that I wasn't stealing, because he finally left.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post

Customer: (venomously) I'm just looking, thanks!
          Me: Okay. Let me know if you have any questions while you're looking.
          Customer: (not two minutes later) Hey! Yoo-hoo! Can I get a little help here?
          I hate people like that!
          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
          X