This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE BEST BUY I EVER MADE

reading through a thread i saw something that jarred my memory about this one guy, he wasn't sucky, just OMG dude it's 19 cents

this guy comes in to wal mart, and starts talking about the price of the harry potter book

guy:so you got the harry potter book for $18.78 huh?

me: yea

guy(sounding excited):i just got it cheaper at barnes and noble!!

me:how much was it?

guy(proudly says):$18.59 with the club(they have a club that you pay $25 a year for a discount on their books) *guy goes into store and me and People greeter B exchange wtfs*

then i come back to that door and the guy's out waiting for his cab so when i walk past he points at the book and says "like i said, best buy i ever made"

Did this guy happen to live in whogivesad***-land?

Seriously, some people have to set their priorities straight.
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
      then i come back to that door and the guy's out waiting for his cab so when i walk past he points at the book and says "like i said, best buy i ever made"
      Now this is just sad.

A 19 cent savings translates into the best buy he's ever made?

Someday, some car salesman is going to love him. "I'll tell you what buddy, I'll take two dollars off the sticker price right here right now, just for you, and you can drive it off the lot today!"

And Mr. Best Buy will think he's died and gone to heaven.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Congrats, random customer, you got a book 19 cents off the original price. Whereas I once got a like-new waterbed and frame for free, cause I could haul away the pieces. Tell me now, who got the better deal? My waterbed lasted three years.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yeah...sounds kinda similar to Walmart's pricing system. What I mean by that is often I'll go to Gamestop, Game Crazy...and Walmart. Gamestop and Game Crazy will typically have what I want and for prices I'm willing to pay. The best part is that if they don't have it, they might be able to reserve it or better yet, point you in the direction of another store that DOES have it.

One thing I've noticed, though...when a new game comes out (assuming it's not something obscure, specialty-ish, or what have you), it is often a few cents cheaper at Walmart, assuming they have any in stock. The sad part is that even though it MAY be cheaper to buy there for certain things like that...

- The clerks obviously know shit nothing about the games.
          - Even if they did know anything about the games, it's probably wrong/made up.
          - They most likely won't have it in unless it was immensely hyped.
          - It's typically only a few cents.

Am I saying don't buy at Walmart? Nah...if you know what you want and you happen to find it there, whatever. Plus, the best part is that since they only know to undercut, if they actually DID happen to have a rare game, you know you could turn around and sell that QUICK and HOT!

Speaking of sales...I'm planning on updating my merchandise on Amazon, if anyone's interested (selling primarily PS1 titles, but also GBA and potentially PS2).
          You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Congrats, random customer, you got a book 19 cents off the original price. Whereas I once got a like-new waterbed and frame for free, cause I could haul away the pieces. Tell me now, who got the better deal? My waterbed lasted three years.
            Heh. I have a waterbed frame. No room to set up the waterbed in the apartment though. But I got the frame free from my aunt when she moved. It's massive and I'm pretty sure it's actually older than I am.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
              - It's typically only a few cents.
              HEY! it's $1.11 TYVM(Wal Mart is obsessed with the number 8, every price ends in either 8 or 2)

I have a dolby digital speaker system I got for free, and I didn't spend $25 to save 19 cents

Comment

Last weekend I had a customer walk into the store and say "Goddammit! I should ahve come here first!" I was a bit confused until he explained he'd just payed $33.95 for the latest issue street directory, our price is $23.95

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                  Last weekend I had a customer walk into the store and say "Goddammit! I should ahve come here first!" I was a bit confused until he explained he'd just payed $33.95 for the latest issue street directory, our price is $23.95
                  $10? That's worth going back for a refund and buying it at the cheaper place, so long as it's refundable.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So, what exactly can you buy for the 19 cents you save by shopping around? Let's see, you've burned a lot of gas going from place to place to find that cheap ass bargain. You could probably buy a Jaw Breaker for 19 cents.

By the way, my book was a total of $21.98, but it was because $3.99 was for the shipping. That's probably what this moron burned in gas going around to get his 19 cents worth of savings. I just didn't want to fight the crowds when it was released.

Comment

Working...
                    X