This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When doing your bit goes horribly wrong

Heya! I don't have many SC stories, so usually I have to dig deep to think of them. Anyway, this one happened a few years back. These aren't direct quotes, but close enough.

Just to be clear ...
    EL = Enviro Lady
    AL = Angry Lady

I was serving on the checkouts and it was pretty busy as usual. The customer (EL) that I was serving had bought some fresh produce items, along with some other normal grocery stuff. She didn't put her fruit and vegies in the little fresh produce bags that we provide (some people don't), so naturally I was taking longer to put everything through and stuff. I didn't mind, the customer didn't mind, everything was cool!

All of a sudden, as I was still serving EL ...
    AL: Oh come on lady (to EL). Why didn't you put the fruit and vegies in bags?
    EL: Because it saves the planet (I think she was taken aback, I was too. BTW, we use 6 billion plastic bags every year here in Australia)
    AL: Oh bull***t!

So I keep my head down and keep serving, I'm there to check customers out, not break up fights. I came across a twin pack of light globes that EL was buying. They were two separate boxes bound together in plastic so the customers know that they are sold together. The barcode didn't scan so I had to get a price check.

AL: (to the other customers in the line, talking about EL). Oh look, she's enquiring about the plastic on the packaging!
    EL: No, it doesn't scan so we have to get a price check.

The nerve of some people. I HATE it when they argue in my line!
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

I always get a kick out of customers who brawl in my line, as long as it doesnt involve me.
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Same here. Free entertainment! *ding ding*
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Best customer brawl I ever saw was in a BP station while on the road with the gang in Virginia. Two chicks fighting over a man at the pumps. He's sitting in the passenger's seat reading a book. The two stupid cows were screaming at each other. "I LOVE him, you leave him alone!" being the theme of the day. And when I say screaming at each other, I mean screaming, too.

We'd stopped for coffee and gas, and decided to get our stuff and go, quickly, in case it escalated to violence. You never know who's packing. I went inside and all the other customers and the cashier were all staring out the window at them. It was utterly, uncomfortably silent in there. I looked around at everyone and started chanting "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" Everyone cracked up.

When we drove away, the dumb cows were still at it.

Comment

I don't really get brawls per se in my line, but I do get people arguing over who's going to pay (they each WANT to pay!). My policy is that whoever gives me the money first is paying. I'm not gonna sit there and hold up the line and listen to how this person paid for this and the other paid for that. It's a pretty good system - I've never had an issue with it.
          Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

I'd be tempted to toss a couple of bats near them...See if they get the hint

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

We've had a few confrontations nearly devolve to fisticuffs in the drive thru, and there was a stupid kid a few months ago dressed as a dark lord of the sith smacking cars coming in and out of the parking lot with a lightsaber that some guy roughed up.

Let's go smack people at the Walgreens! woohoo! Why can't kids just smoke weed and watch Fantasia anymore?

Comment

Yesterday an old woman (Let's call her A) cut infront of another old woman (let's call her B) and as they were walking away B threatened to kick A's ass! I believe the words were:
                B:You cut in front of me in line. If you ever do it again I will kick your ass!
                The image of an old woman wanting to kick another ones ass for cutting in line just seemed hysterical to me...

Comment

Working...
                X