Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me a new phone or else... (bit longish and rantish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a new phone or else... (bit longish and rantish)

This happened last Friday, I now have the time to post it though. Study's been taking up some time. Anyway, I was doing the normal thing any employee in the little phonestore does: nothing, apart from reading and talking with my coworkers. We can have 10 people in 5 minutes followed by 10 people in 5 hours, it just depends.

The phone rings, Paul, my coworker picks up, gives the standard talk, a bit annoyed since he was rudely interrupted from his PSP game. His face shows a lot of question marks, he mumbles something, eyebrows raise, suddenly he says: I think you called the wrong shop. Then he hangs up.

We both shrug and continue our cultural development. 20 seconds later, the phone rings again, I noticed it was the same number calling us, so Paul says: your turn... I yawned quite long and with such ferocity that I nearly broke my own neck. No, I indeed wasn't motivated. I finally pick up.

Me: *rattles off company name etc.*
    SC: yeah is this [company name]?
    Me: ... yes, this is [company name] *starts looking at Paul*
    Paul starts shaking his head and smiles.
    SC: Yeah, I wanted to call about a phone I purchased two weeks ago, a Nokia N73, it's sh*t, software freezes, sound isn't working, it's totally worthless!!!
    Me: Ok, I need to know exactly when you bought it, since the policy is return/exchange within 14 days.
    SC: I bought it on a Saturday, from a girl, so I still have one day left!
    Me: Ok sir, you can bring it back here then, we're open till 9 pm tonight. Maybe it just needs a software update and the trouble will be over soon

Now I am the only girl working there, so I knew it was me, this is important and explains why I was not so charmed by the following suckiness.

SC: I don't want to get it repaired, I want a new one! I don't care if I have to pay a little extra, but I want a new one!
    Me: (no need to scream... ) Of course sir, whatever you prefer
    SC: Yeah, better give me a new phone or else I am going to throw it through the window!!!
    Me: eh... what?
    Paul heard him screaming and me not being able to respond quickly enough and looks up with a wtf look.
    SC: You heard me! Give me a new f*cking phone or I will tear the store apart!!!
    Me: I... don't find that a good idea sir...
    SC: I think it's a DAMN GOOD IDEA! I am going to call some friends and we'll get baseball bats and f*ck up the entire store and if that girl who sold me the phone is there, we'll get her as well! Her telling me how great the thing was
    Me: ... that is really not a good idea... (and I said it's great when it works, but I also mentioned we had some people coming back with software problems, yet that overall it is a popular phone, so I warned him)
    SC: *rants* *curses* *threats* *some more cussing* *incoherent babbling*
    Me: ... *waits and listens* *watches Paul enjoying the fact he can hear SC as well from 3 feet* *gets bored*
    Me: Goodnight, sir...
    SC: I'll bring my friends!
    Me: Fine, at least we will have something to do around here *hangs up*

I notice I am a little more quiet than usual and a little more pale than usual, Paul having more fun than usual. So we told the story to Bossman, Bossman waves around a bit and mentions some security measures and that he always wanted to end a phonecall like me in mid-curse.

I did not see SC that evening, I did not see him the next day during my shift, only during my break when I was with another girl from another store. I knew it was him since I looked up his contract and looked at the copy of his passport, I only sold one N73 that day.

He looked at me like he wanted to have my head for lunch. I had the guts to smile and pretend I don't know him and politely say 'Good afternoon'. I hid out at the girl's place until I saw him leaving the phone store before I dared to go back to work. I do avoid phonecalls now, it's not the first time I get a weird call. It's a phone store, yet we seem to attract everyone, including the scum of the earth. Maybe it has to do with frustration because some people have their whole life in their phone. This probably will be even more present for the colleagues in other multimedia stores, especially pc's.
Working...
X