Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old People: Worse or THE worse customers ever?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old People: Worse or THE worse customers ever?

Me: Hi, How can I help you?
    SC: When will Jim be in the Pharmacy?
    Me: Ummm...we don't have their schedule let me check...

***Page pharmacy, but they don't pick up. Page manager, he checks***

SC: Is HE checking?
    Me: Yes, I can see him walking back there.
    SC: I just want to know when JIM works. Is he back there now?
    Me: Ma'am I don't know...we're checking.
    SC: ***breathes like she's frustrated***

***manager pages...Jim is not in, he'll be here on Monday.***

Me: He's not back there.
    SC: WHO IS!!!
    Me: Um, (name)
    SC: Who is that?
    Me: He is the part-time pharmacist.
    SC: DON'T TELL ME JIM'S DAD IS BACK THERE!?!?! UGH!
    Me: Ma'am I don't know who his is. He substitutes for Jim. You can go back there and ask.
    SC: ***Stands at my desk, looking out the windows. I stand there awkwardly, what did she expect me to do...call the guy and ask***
    SC: WHEN WILL JIM be in.
    Me: Monday
    SC: UGH! ***Walks off***

*I could never work in the pharmacy. Old people are so goddamn particular about everything. If a product changes their package design, old people act like the world has just ended. I cannot stand the first of the month...thanks to them getting their social security checks and coming in here and demanding the world from a grocery store . Then I have to hear the "41 Cents for STAMPS?!?! They were 10 cents only 2 years ago"...as to not show their age.

I just don't get it. My grandma is such a sweet lady and I've never seen her treat anyone at a store like this. The old people around here at the devil.*
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

I, too, had wonderful grandparents, so I can't understand why it is so damn near impossible to have nice, elderly customers. In fact, most old people hate my guts, and I swear I don't know why.
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

At my Kmart, 60% of our customers are elderly people. Most are pleasant, except you have to repeat everything to them because they can't hear, lol. Only a small handful are nasty. My opinion is that the old people with nasty attitudes were probably the same way when they were younger. I think change and all of the new technology scares a lot of the old folks and it causes them to be more defensive.
      My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Glad I'm not Jim!

You should tell him to call in sick on Monday. That'll really piss her off when she comes in on the day she was told Jim would be there, & he's still not there!
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
          Glad I'm not Jim!

You should tell him to call in sick on Monday. That'll really piss her off when she comes in on the day she was told Jim would be there, & he's still not there!
          Yeah, but then he'll have to hear about it all over again. He'd really only be punishing himself...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My worst customers have been elderly folks. My best customers have also been elderly folks.

I've said this before: It seems like when you get old, you just become more of what you already are. If you're kind, you become an absolute sweetheart. If you're a jerk, you become an insufferable prick. Its like people get to a certain age and just drop the mask and say, "This is me! Take it or leave it."

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that the old bat in the OP was my grandmother! She goes one better than the new packaging on things. She doesn't think that the Sensodyne that's sold at one store is the same that's sold at another. Of course, she also doesn't thin that it's toothpaste....even though it says it on the tube.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                My worst customers have been elderly folks. My best customers have also been elderly folks.

I've said this before: It seems like when you get old, you just become more of what you already are. If you're kind, you become an absolute sweetheart. If you're a jerk, you become an insufferable prick. Its like people get to a certain age and just drop the mask and say, "This is me! Take it or leave it."
                This. This so hard it hurts.
                Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
                {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post

Exactly. People basically evolve into their 3rd and final forms. Kind of like Pokemon.

Comment

You know, my great-grandmother was nice but stern when needed. And my other great-grandmother was just nasty (Setting her kids against each other).

I think the elders can be THE worse customers ever but they can also be THE best customers ever. The worse elders I got was the old guys who just mumbled like the Daily Snow's version of Dick Cheney.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Also, if any of you run into my paternal grandmother, I'd like to personally apologize. Seriously. Take your most impossible customer. Now, make them old. Now, make them crazier and impossible to please. Yes, even more that before.

I'd offer to pay for the therapy, but I'm poor.

To help educate you about the magnitude, there is not a contractor within a 50 mile radius of her house that will work for her. Literally.
                      Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
                      {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

Senility and mental health also play a huge role in how elderly people act.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My small town has A LOT of cranky, self-entitled old farts. Holy hell, some of them are just absolute nutjobs, I swear.
                          Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X