Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I'm coming at you with carts, MOVE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha, my other half would agree with you. He used to work for Waitrose and would sometimes do shifts on trolleys out in the car park. I would worry quite often about his safety out there, as we get a disturbingly high volume of awful drivers (mostly women in their early 30's) in huge jeeps or SUV's hurtling around, ignoring all other drivers/people/living things. A couple of times he's almost been hit because drivers don't watch where they're going, even though they know the car park is used by mothers with prams, old people with zimmer frames and trolley boys pushing 25 trolleys because Waitrose are a shit company who don't care about the welfare of their staff, just how many trolleys they can get in 10 minutes.
    Enslaved by WhSmith's since 2005

Comment

Ugh! Cell Phones. I can appreciate the necessity in some cases but often times they are the bane of my existance.

I frequently get calls from customers who use cells phones and it almost seems like they try and find the absolute worse reception, whether that be 300 feet underground in a concrete bunker or as far away as possible from a cell tower. Of course I then spend half the time just trying to decipher what the SC on the line is saying, hoping like hell the call doesn't get dropped.

Even worse is the jackholes who call me on their regular line and then ask me to hold on while they take a call on their cell phone. I've actually had callers who complain about the wait time and then pull this little prank...
      Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        I have seen a lady, busy pushing her cart, texting and looking at her list not notice the wall in front of her. She complained that we have walls. She must have been dumber than a brick, but I don't want to insult bricks.
        Wow. That would've been something to submit to Funniest Home Videos.
        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I don't make much of an effort to stop my carts, I WILL run your ass over if you cut me off, that means I won't run to the front of the line to stop them, I usually just stop pushing and if they're too stupid to get out of the way, it's not my problem, I've hit a couple cars(and one fucktard threw it in reverse and gunned it hitting my line of carts, which ours are plastic, so we are only able to steer about 8 on dry pavement, 14 on ice, so I only had about 7 or something) and there was no damage, so they didn't whine to management

Comment

I don't push trolleys, but every now and then I'm required to do a basket run and collect all the baskets under the tills. The basket carrier thingies are a pain in the butt to stop while full; you have to dig your heels in and grab the top baskets to stop them from falling off. And all the while, the idiot who made you come to a grinding halt is just standing there like a sheep staring at you. Get out of the way, cretin! Jeez!
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              She complained that we have walls.
              You are exaggerating, right?

Comment

I always try to be aware of my co-workers who are pushing carts. That's got to be the worse job in the store. However, I see customers darting in front of a huge line of moving carts to beat them through the door or drivers almost hit the cart pushers nearly every day.

The crosswalk at our store has a sign that states "PLEASE STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS IN CROSSWALK." The other night two cart pushers were proceeding through the crosswalk with large lines of carts when a car came barrelling up to them laying on the horn. It was obvious the driver wasn't going to stop and he didn't. Just peeled around them nearly hitting a parked car on the side.

One of the cart pushers then yelled at the top of his lungs, "PLEASE STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS IN CROSSWALK."

It was kinda nice to see a co-worker get away with yelling at an asshat.

Retail Haiku:
                Depression sets in.
                The hellhole is calling me ~
                I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth JessEm View Post
                  Like a microwave, only with stupid instead of heat.
                  That is the funniest thing I have read in days.

Comment

Quoth haggis for the soul View Post
                    You are exaggerating, right?
                    No, she was not paying attention ad the car pulled he to the edge of the store where it eventually found a wall. Her response was "why do they have fing walls here." Here being the beginning of the employee entrance hallway to the back room, tucked in the back away from most custoemr traffic.

Comment

Working...
                    X