This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    nope, she scanned them and plopped them in a plastic bag. So much for environmentalism...
    *snerk* You mean you didn't want a bag bag? Seriously though, when I got my reusable grocery tote bag (best purchase EVER! holds the groceries of FOUR regular bags!), they didn't even ask, they just opened the plastic seal and started loading it.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

In South Korea they charge an extra tax on plastic bags, I believe it was about 3 cents a bag. Needless to say many people use there own tote bags, and you never had people ask if you wanted a bag for your pack of gum. Too bad something like that would never be done in the states.

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
        I remember many years ago being caught behind someone who insisted on everything being bagged paper-in-plastic...then writing a check. Grrr.
        Just out of high school and from a smallish town, I remember the first time my sister and I were asked "paper or plastic". My sister took a moment to look confused, then said "cash". I still giggle about that one.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
          They didn't even start writing it until everything was rung and bagged, did they?
          If memory serves me right (and this was many, many moons ago)...I believe you are correct.
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
            They didn't even start writing it until everything was rung and bagged, did they?
            Oh No They don't even start looking in the "Mom Purse Of Doom" for the checkbook until everything is bagged.

"Mom Purse Of Doom" = I believe Avon sells these as a weekender duffle bag, but hell I can pack for a week of SCA camping and roll my tent in the handles.
            Meeeeoooow.....
            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Working...
            X