This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Teens...

So guy comes in, wants two cigars. I rightfully do my job and ask for his ID. He bitchs and moans that he comes here all the time, please don't be a narc (o_O) blah blah blah, and he is trying to hand me a strangly folded twenty. He FINALLY asks if he can show me the ID he showed at the bar. He gives me a out-of-state, expired ID. The picture doesn't even look CLOSE to the guy. He tries to tell me that he had his hair grow and he's wearing contacts.

I refuse the sale and he storms out, gets in the car with his friend and they storm out of the parking lot.

Five minutes later another guy comes in, asks for two cigars. He is also getting a water. I refuse the sale, knowing full well it was second hand. He tries to claim innocence, but I refuse. Guess what he hands me to pay for his water?

A twenty dollar bill that is strangly folded.

"WOOOOW man, a few minutes ago your friend was here, asking for the SAME amount of the SAME cigars, and tried to pay with this EXACT twenty"

Teen: "Whoa man... that is weird. I swear its for me though maaaaaaan"

ME: "No dice"
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Ah teenagers, those amongus who believe they know all about the world, and yet have spent an incredibly short time walking it.

Must get round to posting some of my finer moments interacting with the 'yoof community' at some point.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Effing kids these days... They just don't seem to get it, do they?

Seriously, if you're not old enough to buy the item in question, then DON'T TRY AND BUY IT! And if you're going to have somebody else buy it for you, don't be stupid about it.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Teenage artlessness is so cute.

Years from now, if they remember trying to do this, they'll probably have a good laugh at their own clumsy attempts.

I worked with several teenagers at a previous job, and they were all smart as whips. I wonder if it just takes longer for some people to learn to use their brains.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

When conducting wine tastings, we would have teenagers in school uniform ask for a taste. Now, often they weren't too bad, just making a joke about it (although an unoriginal one).

However, some of them were actually serious, including offering to show ID. As the legal drinking age here is 18, a small percentage of them may have been legally allowed to drink alcohol.

However, we wouldn't take that risk, so I came up with the line that "I understand you may be over 18, however we do not know what rules various schools have about drinking alcohol in uniform, and therefore cannot allow it". (Which was not just a "line" - I know that my High School had strict rules against drinking/smoking in uniform, no matter where you were. Of course, that didn't mean that people never broke the rules).

Comment

Quoth matty View Post
            However, we wouldn't take that risk, so I came up with the line that "I understand you may be over 18, however we do not know what rules various schools have about drinking alcohol in uniform, and therefore cannot allow it". (Which was not just a "line" - I know that my High School had strict rules against drinking/smoking in uniform, no matter where you were. Of course, that didn't mean that people never broke the rules).
            What.....? Schools can tell you what you're allowed to do while NOT at the school?
            Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
            Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Quoth solemnwarning View Post
              What.....? Schools can tell you what you're allowed to do while NOT at the school?
              If you're wearing a school uniform I imagine they can. Employers can certainly dictate what you can/can't do and where you can/can't go in their uniform.
              When I was going through the orientation for Postmaster Relief the guy said, "don't believe what you see on Cheers, don't even think about going into a bar in uniform". (didn't affect me, my position doesn't have a uniform)

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
              ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth solemnwarning View Post
                Personally, as someone who conducts wine tastings for my store, I'd be concerned about the appearance of giving wine to someone in a school uniform from the store's point of view.

Some customer might see it, not bother asking any questions about the student's age, and raise a stink to head office. Or just spread the rumour that "X Wine Store gives free alcohol to minors."

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
                  Effing kids these days... They just don't seem to get it, do they?

Seriously, if you're not old enough to buy the item in question, then DON'T TRY AND BUY IT! And if you're going to have somebody else buy it for you, don't be stupid about it.
                  Okay, as if WE were any different at their age?

Really, raise your hand if you tried to buy alcohol or smokes, or have someone else buy them for you, when you were under the legal age? Hi, my name's Jester, and when I was a stupid teen, I tried to buy and tried to have others buy me alcohol. (I've never smoked, but if I did, I am sure the same would apply.)

Teens are stupid. Not just the teens now, but teens throughout time. I was a stupid teen. My friends were stupid teens. Chances are most of you were stupid teens, as were your parents, my parents, and THEIR parents.

That is part of being a teen, folks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Actually, in my opinion, teenagers are getting more and more agressive. Neither me nor anyone I ever knew as a teen ever threatened a store clerk who wouldn't sell but I've experienced it in my store and I absolutely dread dealing with the snowboarders we get here in the wintertime. They are notorious for being little thugs if they don't get their way.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                    ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Okay, as if WE were any different at their age?
                      I never used the stuff. However, when I was younger my mom and stepdad would send me to the store to pick them up.

Comment

Maybe I'm weird but I was never really interested in trying to get alcohol or cigarettes when I was younger. I still have no interest in cigarettes and only drink alcohol occasionally, like a small margarita with a Mexican dinner, or a little whiskey in egg nog at Christmas.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                          I never used the stuff.
                          Quoth Rubystars View Post
                          Maybe I'm weird but I was never really interested in trying to get alcohol or cigarettes when I was younger.
                          Fair enough. But do y'all think that when you were teens you were the RULE or the EXCEPTION? I was a fairly well-behaved teen, and *I* certainly did it. I dare say that people like you, while not unheard of, were definitely the exception in your teen years. After all, just because you didn't do it doesn't mean the majority of your peers didn't do it.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I was a fairly well-behaved teen, and *I* certainly did it.
                            <Eyebrow raised>

You call being arrested for multiple court dates ignored well behaved? I'd hate to see what you think is badly behaved. I'd probably need a nightstick and cattle prod to deal with them.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

these days, it seems to be the rule, not the exception; when i was younger, most of us were afraid to pull stunts like that because our actions actually had something attached to them...they were called consequences, followed up by their good friend, discipline.

those two items are in short supply these days; i did, however, do other stupid things while driving, until i scared the crap out of myself.

yah, i was stupid, but not THAT kind of stupid.
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                              X