Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HATE that guy. Or that lady. They've been there two seconds, the seven or eight people in before them have been waiting longer, and THAT GUY will stand RIGHT at the drop point, making sure you know that HE IS THERE, WAITING IMPATIENTLY... You're pretty much drowning in venti cups but no, this guy's drink MUST be the ALL-IMPORTANT DRINK.
    Last edited by BaristaGirl; 11-19-2007, 01:14 PM. Reason: Mistakenly pressed enter before completeing post.

Comment

I think we've been missing the major point here, which is Flood's coffee shop has a Wii to play on. Awesome.

Comment

Quoth matty
        Oh no, supermarkets are using well-established stock rotation/FIFO methods - this is the end of the world - I think a class action is in order, right?
        And...omg...most of them sell the stock (particularly meat) that's right at the expiration date...

...wait for it...

...at a DISCOUNT!
        Last edited by chops; 11-19-2007, 08:20 PM.
        "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Now, if she was in front of someone else, and that someone else got their order before she did, then by all means, get pissy about it.

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
            And...omg...most of them sell the stock (particularly meat) that's right at the expiration date...
            ...wait for it...
            ...at a DISCOUNT!
            We had that, we called it "bag o' meat". Near the end of the month, when people would start coming in with their food stamps for the next month, the butchers would take all the meat near expiration, and grind it up, and package it in 10lb bags. T-bone, prime rib, roast, it didn't matter, it was all meat in a bag.

Comment

actually if I may clear something up, LIFO and FIFO accounting methods have nothing to do with how a stores inventory actually works, there is nothing to say that a store that rotates stock can't use the LIFO accounting method... it's all about how shady the accountants are at getting tax breaks.
              And for those non accounting majors LIFO is the assumption that the last item in inventory is the first to sold and FIFO is the assumption that the first item in iinventory is the first to be sold, something important to consider when your cost changes (because FASB requires that we all have ulsers).
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
              X