Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's fixed - what else do you want me to tell you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's fixed - what else do you want me to tell you?

Something that really irritates me about customer service are doing call backs to customers that reported a problem. Each day, whenever I see a problem has been resolved, I call the customer back to make sure they are aware of it, and to make sure all is well before closing out the report.

I don't mind the call backs as long as I feel good that the customer is happy. However, one lady I spoke to absolutely would not let the situation rest. She had reported problems with her e-mail two weeks ago, and nearly every other day or so, I have been calling her to resolve her problem. She had reported that she could not send out e-mail, and it turned out it was because she has another internet provider. In this case, she needed to contact that company. When I told her about that, she said she already spoke to them and was told to call us. Later, it turned out her co-worker had similar problems, but resolved it because her computer was set with that company's settings.

I suggested to this lady, "Maam, maybe it would be a good idea to check your co-workers settings, and I'm certain it would correct the problem. However, if you use another company, you need to be on their settings, and only that company can provide it to you." Every other day after that, I would call this lady, and she was either out of the office, or she did not have time to discuss this.

Finally, two days ago, she e-mailed me that she thinks the problem is resolved because everyone is getting their e-mails, but tells me "I reluctantly agree it's fixed, but don't close this out yet." I called her, and again, she was out of the office. Today, I called, and it was "I have a client and can't talk right now". Well, I stopped her and told her we needed to know if this problem was fixed because it has been open for over two weeks. Suddenly, she made the time to talk to me, telling me again "I reluctantly think so, but I still feel there is a problem." I could not believe this. It was fixed, but she wanted to keep this open forever and ever. I had to take control and tell her, "Maam, if there are no more indications of trouble, then we need to close this out. You've stated this yourself that it appears to be fine and no more co-workers are saying they don't get your e-mails." She then wanted me to call her at another time, to which I told her no, it was resolved, and she was welcome to call us back when she had the time. She got upset and hung up. Oh, well.

It's very irritating when something is fixed, yet your "always right" customer insists otherwise.

We get this alot, when trying to close out trouble tickets. I understand monitoring for 24 hours or so, but beyond a week when it's clearly working, and it wasn't an ongoing issue that lasted more than a few days, then you're just being obnoxious.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I had the opposite issue years ago with a co-worker. He was leaving calls open to show how "busy" he was. I was covering his calls when he was away for a week. (We were doing on-site deskside software support.) Long story short, he had a long list of calls, lets say 70 or so. I started with the oldest, which was from several months ago, called the user, they tell me the problem was resolved months ago. Same story with the next call. All together, about half the calls on his list we already fixed, and I was able to close most of the others in that one week. He was not happy when he got back and found less than 20 calls in his list, and me getting credit for closing all the ones he did not.

Comment

Had another one of these today

I had another customer I called, reported e-mail issues. It was a simple fix, but she was upset that I refused to call her back at a later time. All I had to do was authenticate her for her e-mail to work properly on POP mail, or a client like Outlook Express, which I did, and that should have been the end of it. "You need to call me back when I'm at home. It isn't fixed being I have not seen it for myself!" Ugh! I closed it anyway, told her to call back when it was convenient for her.

I'm not anyone's personal maid, and you can call me back. Thank you! Case closed.

Comment

Working...
        X