This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awww, how sweet!

This is not an SC story at all, but rather, quite the opposite. I didn't know where else to put this, so please feel free to move it if necessary...

My sister used to work in KMart layby section (or layway I think it's called in the USA). Anyway, they don't allow laybys on seasonal stuff like Christmas decorations in case the customer changes their mind and they can't resell it.

One day, this lady came up to my sister, N, with two cute little kids. The mum wanted to layby some tinsel/ Christmas stuff ...

N= My sis
    NL= Nice lady with cute kids
    G= Cute little girl

The conversation went something like this ...

NL puts Christmas decorations on layby counter.
    N - 'I'm really sorry but we don't do layby on Christmas items' (explains why)
    NL - (to little girl) 'OK sweetie we have to put that back now' (talking about red tinsel)
    G - 'Why?'
    NL - 'Because we're not allowed to get it honey'
    G - 'But I love it'
    My sis said at this moment she felt like crying ... the little kid was just so cute! At least the lady was nice about the whole thing. I dunno, this little story just warmed my heart
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

*sniffles*

Oh my goodness, that is too sweet. And the mom was so understanding about it too. I probably would have bought it for them myself had I been there . . . precious.

And yes, the term is "layaway" in the US.
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Working...
    X