Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have already finished Oblivion - it took me 2 or 3 weeks to complete all the major quest lines. Whereas Ultima Underworld had me solving puzzles, taught me how to speak lizard language, and converse with lizards to durther the quests, I was able to fly to certain important hiding places, and so on. It lasted me months.

I admit Oblivion is big, but it is nothing special in my opinion, and the graphics for the faces are truly disturbing.

At the moment I am really enjoying Eternal Sonata on my 360 - a really pretty game, but with too many cut scenes. My fave game atm is Lego Star Wars episodes IV V VI.

Comment

Everquest is all there is. Everything else sucks. Now log on and join my guild.

(But when Dreamcast was out, I was really rooting for it).
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

What server? I'm on Quel.
        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
          Well, the lady came in at the same time as the OP to pick up the thing, so she didn't really hang around wasting time, either.
          Actually, the shipments came in the morning. She called at the time of the shipments coming in and was told that there is one that has not been sold or booked. She was offered the opportunity to book a very popular gaming system right there and then. She said she would rather wait till the end of the day - 5:30 pm.

In the OP, they don't say what time she called in, so I'm going to be guessing she called roughly about 10ish. That's 7.5 hours in which one Wii can be sold. If the OP's buddy hadn't called him, someone else would definitely have booked it before the lady came in.
          If she had really wanted it, she would've booked it. If I, for example, want to go to a popular restaurant, and it's near payday, I will book a table to avoid waiting 45 minutes for one. Why? Because the restaurant offers a booking facility, and they cannot guarantee that there will be a free table at the time of my arrival.

Same with the shop. The Wii is the new "IT" thing. Everyone wants one. They generally sell out by the end of the shipment day. This lady was given ample opportunity to book one, or find out when the shipments arrive and go and get one right there and then.

I understand from a management point of view, yes, you may have lost a customer. But this is a customer that was unwilling to accomodate a very reasonable request - which generally does not bode well.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Miss Ultima Underworld
            Now THAT would be a sexist competition I'd gleefully tune in for.

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
              I have already finished Oblivion - it took me 2 or 3 weeks to complete all the major quest lines. Whereas Ultima Underworld had me solving puzzles, taught me how to speak lizard language, and converse with lizards to durther the quests, I was able to fly to certain important hiding places, and so on. It lasted me months.
              Hmm, I think that you may have another problem, both good and bad, then. Your skills have improved since UU, and as a result, games aren't as challenging to you anymore. UU was a good game, but if you're getting through Oblivion that quickly, I'm betting UU wouldn't take you so long anymore (You know, if you were playing it for the first time again).

Unfortunatly, I'm not sure what I could recommend at this point. Maybe some MMOs like WoW or Tabula Rasa would have quest arcs long enough for you to find interesting. Other than that, I might suggest tabletop gaming, if you have a group nearby to play with. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Fire on high----Blackburrow. Send Venenifer a mail.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                  World of Warcraft is all there is. Everything else sucks. Now log on and join my guild.

Fixed that for you.

Comment

Thanks for all the effort, Geek King. My problem is that when I get the bit between my teeth I go overboard. (What? Hey, look at that horse swimming!)

I was unemployed, so I played Oblivion for maybe 10 hours a day. WoW is a fading memory for me, I have 7 chars in Wow. Two 70s, a 63, a 62, and three 60s. As I said somewhere else, I played WoW for 10 - 15 hours a day, much of it standing on AH bridge. Some folk used to claim that I was monitoring Ironforge on behalf of the GMs!

I loved it, but TBC became too oriented towards large party instances, and the levelling from 60 - 70 was too easy. But of course, I will buy the new expansion early next year, and max out my 70s, then retire again.

I was Bagga Txips in Tabula Rasa for the 3 day free trial a friend sent me, but I like magic rather than technology.

I am much richer and more successful in mmorpgs than in real life, sadly. More people know me as Bagga than know me as my real name, in fact, and I am prosperous in a couple of them.

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
                      Fixed that for you.

How DARE you! It's the for you, boyo! WoW better than EQII. For SHAME! Geez. I am NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!

Wait, wrong line.

Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Test

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        Eve Online is all there is. Everything else sucks. Now log on and join my alliance.

Fixed it better for you
                        Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

I'm sorry, but if I were in your situation, I would've told her to fark off. "I reserved this Wii, fair and square. I paid the $10 to hold it. It's your fault you don't have one yourself. Maybe if you would've gotten your fat ass out here and paid the $10 to hold it, you wouldn't have this problem. Now, if you are going to try to take this any further, I will be forced to call the cops.

Tex
                          Dr. Turk: Yo, Elliot... what's your ringtone?
                          Dr. Reid: "Jesus, Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood.
                          The Todd: "I'm carrying under wood right now. See, that's funny because it's true."

Comment

Working...
                          X