Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think due to theft they're probably going to phase out self-scans until they can come up with something new. Which is too bad, because I've still never seen one.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The stores near where I live have self check out that is designed for, and specifically says, for 'small orders' of 12 or less.

Well, we ALL know SC's totally pay attention and play by the rules on that, don't we?

I love them, on the rare occasions that people actually obey the sign and don't try to plow a weeks worth of groceries through the tiny little self-check out.

Some of the newer stores across town have a set for small orders, and a set for bigger orders. I need to check those out.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I think self check outs are alright, but I'm not real impressed. As a former inventory clerk and a former cashier, I can ring faster than they can handle, especially during the holiday season, so they often do more to frustrate me than anything else, even ifn they are quicker than the manned lanes.
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Old or slow people

Here in Ontario Canada i have seen the self-checkout only at the local Home Depot.

But like ATMs I find them very fast if you are doing only one or two transaction and you memorize the basic steps.

While it is mostly old people, I also sometimes see the same younger people also having problems. And as far as I can tell it is always the same thing, (THEY HAVE TO STOP AND READ THE ENTIRE SCREEN BEFORE MAKING A CHOICE!).

And this is crazy! How many times do you really need to read a ATM to note where the CHECKING vs SAVINGS account buttons are? Or the WITHDRAW vs DEPOSIT buttons rest?

How many times does it take to realize you are always pressing the SAME buttons all the time?

Comment

Working...
          X