This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll let you all in on a secret

Did you know that when you see a fridge or cooler in a store that the six pack of beer in the 2nd row is colder than the beer in the 1st?

Even more unbelievable is that the beer in the 3rd row is even colder !

Especially when I've just opened the store at 10am, and all the beer has been sitting in this fridge for 14 hours.

That just means that it has extra time to get colder than the 1st row.

Also its colder than the beer that I take out of the walk in cooler. You know the one with 8 giant fans of cold?

That is exactly the same temperature as the fridges on the floor?

Trust me, you will be able to tell the difference simply by holding it your hand. Because when you become an avid beer drinker your skin senses are heightened to touch.

/sarchasm off

Don't forget to leave the fridges door open as well after your done getting your product, it makes it colder for the next person.

ok seriously im done ranting now I swear

Believe it or not....

After I typed this rant out, the very next customer that walked in my door was the customer who is the most notorious for doing this.

Yet, he actually grabbed 2 six packs from the front. I feel like CS.com actually telepathically made him not suck.

weeeeeeiiiiiiirrrrrddddd.......................... .

Comment

I have a handwriten sign on the ice cream sliding doors that states if they want frozen ice cream to SHUT THE DOOR!

In the winter, their hands will be as cold as it is outside and they won't be able to feel the cold of the soda/beer/whatever they just got out of the cooler and I have to explain the phenomenom dozens of times a day. (not to mention touch each one to assure them it's cold)

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
      ~Clerks

Comment

Does it really matter if their beer is cold when they buy it? Are they planning on drinking it between your counter and their house, or do they need it so badly that the second they get home they rip open one of the cases and slam it down in the parking lot?

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
          In the winter, their hands will be as cold as it is outside and they won't be able to feel the cold of the soda/beer/whatever
          Who the hell is buying soda in winter? No, no, Hot Chocolate, moron!
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Who the hell is buying soda in winter? No, no, Hot Chocolate, moron!
            Soda = soft drink?

If yes then... it's addictive would be my guess. I never stop drinking pepsi/coke/whatever... Just cause my body NEEDS the caffeine.. .(I don't suppose theres a support group... )
            MMO Addicts group

Comment

And the fun thing is, at many stores, the refridgerator is two-sided, meaning the employee fills it up from the back. This means that the front bottles/cans/whatever actually are the coldest ones :-)

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                Soda = soft drink?
                If yes then... it's addictive would be my guess.
                Yep. (BTW, if the color coding isn't readable it's Pop, Coke, Soda, Other from top down.

I have an ex who used to slam a Dr. Pepper first thing every morning, then start in on a second one as she got ready. What's really odd is she seemed to be a little ahead of her time; it wasn't until quite a few years later that Mickey D's, etc. started really selling soft drinks with breakfasts - I think it runs over thirty percent now days.

Back on topic - yes, they ARE colder. And the eggs and milk in the back are fresher (even if they're all from the same delivery) and the back room holds treasures beyond measure. Can't fool those wily customers!!!
                Last edited by sms001; 08-17-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Quoth claidhmore View Post
                  Does it really matter if their beer is cold when they buy it? Are they planning on drinking it between your counter and their house, or do they need it so badly that the second they get home they rip open one of the cases and slam it down in the parking lot?
                  There are alot more alchoholic's in the world than people seem to notice.

I have regular customers, daily customers that come to my store and claim they come here because my stores product is colder than a competitors.

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                    If yes then... it's addictive would be my guess. I never stop drinking pepsi/coke/whatever... Just cause my body NEEDS the caffeine.. .(I don't suppose theres a support group... )
                    It could be the caffeine, it could also be the sugar. You may have one of the insulin problems, and you're self-medicating by constantly having small amounts of sugars. With certain of these, it really is a sugar addiction.

It works - sort of. A low GI diet works better. A nutritionist or a doctor can check you for it, and explain the whys and hows of it: and the long-term consequences of the 'lots of small hits of sugar' self-medication.

I do warn you, though: getting off being sugar-addicted is just as sucky as breaking with a nicotine or alcohol addiction. I'm three weeks clean so far.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Never EVER try to quit cigarettes, caffiene, and sugar at the same time.

Bad mojo for your head.

I still haven't quit any of them...
                      Ma'am, I could care less about the time your precious Fifi found a baby squirrel and raised it as her own, I just want to know if you've ever been told you had diabeetus.

Comment

You know whats sad? I've quit both sugar and caffiene without major problems but I can't seem to quit the nicotene habit at all. Bah, it keeps me from causing major bodily harm to stupid people...

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                          I do warn you, though: getting off being sugar-addicted is just as sucky as breaking with a nicotine or alcohol addiction. I'm three weeks clean so far.
                          Caffeine is just as bad as alchohol... But I don't think it's a sugar addiction, cause I get sick easily from anything sugary (cept drinks)
                          MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
                            In the winter, their hands will be as cold as it is outside and they won't be able to feel the cold of the soda/beer/whatever they just got out of the cooler and I have to explain the phenomenom dozens of times a day. (not to mention touch each one to assure them it's cold)
                            Er, actually I was in a Starbucks once and wanted to get a cold drink: bottle of fruit juice or soft drink or something. (Yes, Starbucks are famous for coffee, but anyway.)

I picked up one of the bottles and mentioned to the employee "Excuse me, this doesn't seem to be cold".

He said, "Yes, sorry, the fridge is not actually working at the moment, but I can get you one from the coolroom."

I said, "Oh, sorry, you're probably getting that from dozens of customers".

*and here I duck; duck down low*

Comment

Working...
                            X